Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Help.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

I have been looking around for one and yesterday found one to my likings.

Picking it up in 2 weeks! Can't wait....

Makes the sixer look like a SUV

Read the specs as advertised:

1973 Ford GT 40 MK1b GTD. 480bhp recreation.
We are extremely pleased to offer this fabulous iconic Ford GT40 for sale, it has been professionaly looked after all its life and has over the years been ugraded and pampered, it is owned by our Managing Director.
Finished in mid metalic blue with silver stripes and black hide interior this GT40 should not be mistaken for inferior replica's that are occasionally available for sale, this is a true recreation of the legendary 1964 car and is indistiguishable form the real thing, a GT40 of this quality and performance is rarely available for sale and with
indistiguishable form the real thing, a GT40 of this quality and performance is rarely available for sale and with an extremely economic fixed buy it now price offers outstanding value for money.
We recently had the GT40 rolling road tested at a special facility and it produced 0-60 at 3.2 seconds with a top speed of 176.4 miles an hour!
This GT40 has never been raced or used for track days.
This wonderful car is registered on the V5 document as a FORD not GTD or similar as all the components are genuine Ford parts.
This stunning GT40 has a full specification sheet available on request but we will list here the main salient features:
- 480bhp Ford Racing engine built by SD racing services, fully balanced and tuned for very fast road use or track use.
- Twin pum Holley carb with twin fuel pumps and twin aluminium fuel tanks with large Monaco quick release fuel caps.
- Full fire system to engine bay and drivers cockpit, with switch gear to rear quarter and drivers cockpit.
- Full electrical cut out switch gear to external rear quarter and drivers cockpit.
- Large vented disk brakes all round with upgraded large twin pot calipers to all wheels.
- Twin independent braking systems with servo and twin brake reservoirs.
- Twin plate semi-racing AP clutch.
- New hand made high flow aluminum radiator.
- Twin high speed cooling fans.
- Air conditioning 3 dgrees to eyebal vents. (blanaced and charged on 26th May 2010) very efficient, very cold!
- Knock on type Halibrand wheels 5 stud with correct Avon tyres (less than 500 miles wear)
- Correct removeable steering wheel.
- Glass rear screen, not acrylic.
- Correct 5 speed aluminum right handed gear selector with pinned gate system for reverse geat safety.
- 5 speed Renault gearbox and transaxle.
- Beautiful original type interior with black soft hide covered binnacles, seats and ancilaries.
- Correct Smith guages, odometer, rev counter and toggle switches.

Now the boring bit, this is a super car, it is not a toy and should only be purchased by someone with prior experience of driving performance vehicles; although completely road legal this GT40 is extremely fast and handles as it should with crisp turn in and massive adhesion, however, make no mistake if you pushed too hard on the highway and made a small mistake you would be in serious trouble, saying that it will drive slowly when needed and is quite capable of being used every day if you wanted to, it is that good!

We do not entertain test pilots, boy racers, dreamers or scammers, we are happy to take you for a test drive once we have estabilished that you are a genuine purchaser with the necessary funds, I am sorry to be so blunt but we have experienced time wasters; please also do not call us with reasons why this car is wrong in some way or waste our time, any genuine bidder will know the GT40 inside and out and will realise that this particular car is right in every way, please do not bid if you can not afford to buy, thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Help.........-dsc_6781.jpg   Help.........-dsc_6784.jpg   Help.........-dsc_6776.jpg  
Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Wow!
Congrats!
Old 06-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Simply sublime.
Old 06-06-2010, 04:10 AM
A90
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awseome car ! Congrats

This is indeed a car that put all the rest in the shade.

"En het was nog lang onrustig in Zeeland"
Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Spectacular car - an absolute classic. One of my partners has the Ford GT from 2006, the younger brother to your GT40.

Congratulations - that's a fantastic car you've bought.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by swajames
Spectacular car - an absolute classic. One of my partners has the Ford GT from 2006, the younger brother to your GT40.

Congratulations - that's a fantastic car you've bought.
Thanx guys,

Can't wait till the 19th, when I am going to pick it up.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Very kewl !!! Congrats !!!
Old 06-06-2010, 05:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Sweeeet!
Old 06-06-2010, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

2 more pics
Attached Thumbnails Help.........-dsc_6772.jpg   Help.........-getattachment-1.aspx.jpeg  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

another one
Attached Thumbnails Help.........-getattachment-5.aspx.jpeg