E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

KSports Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 08:57 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I got my KSport coilovers yesterday, today Michael (acuteperformance) came down to my house to lend a hand on the install. I will post pics tomorrow after I make some minor adjustments (I mounted the rears too low, tires rub ). Just want to give Michael a BIG THANKS for his help on the install. (Told you creative works better than muscle sometimes ).

YOUR TURN MELVIN!!!!!

Initial reaction? The ride is much more comfortable, stiffer but without sacrificing ride. I will update this thread I get some more miles on them and can provide a more comprehensive review.
For those that are not familiar KSport is pretty big in the drift scene and were mentioned to me by some friends when I was looking for coilovers. When I found out Michael was selling these I jumped on em, the build quality looks great and the bushings on the upper mounts should eliminate the rattle normally associated with coilovers.

I will keep you guys posted
Old 05-08-2010, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

congrats..looking forward to further review....I've read on the Nex coilovers the front does not nearly go as low as the rears, is that the case with Ksport coilovers as well? Either way, you know...pics or it didn't happen

so now that Nex, DS, and Ksport for coilover alternatives (aside from KW and JIC)....nice
Old 05-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
congrats..looking forward to further review....I've read on the Nex coilovers the front does not nearly go as low as the rears, is that the case with Ksport coilovers as well? Either way, you know...pics or it didn't happen

so now that Nex, DS, and Ksport for coilover alternatives (aside from KW and JIC)....nice
Actually I could go waaaaaaaaaaaaay lower in the front if I wanted, which has me excited. I want to see how they settle then decide if I want the front lowered or not (I can fit about 1 1/2 fingers in the front but have BIG hands ).
Again I have to give Michael his props, he ROCKS!!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

True that!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

and to michael's/acuteperformance's continued great CS......
Old 05-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Contributors

sweet deal

more options the better for all the owners
Old 05-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 545i '02 SC430 '04 RX330

keep us updated. a buddy of mine installed the ksports on his 996 turbo and they started leaking within less than a year and were tossed into the garbage shortly after. hope you have better luck with them...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:28 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

they have a 18 month warranty. there are always bound to be issues with products that's what warranties are for.

michael
acute performance

Originally Posted by xenonrider
keep us updated. a buddy of mine installed the ksports on his 996 turbo and they started leaking within less than a year and were tossed into the garbage shortly after. hope you have better luck with them...
Old 05-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Also have to give Joe (Rizbel) credit, studying his DIY before the install made things SOOOOOO much easier - Joe you are the man!!!! I was thinking of doing a DIY on this but it would have been redundant, great job Joe
DIY Coilovers
Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Any product can fail, what makes it worth getting is if it has a good support system for customers in case something does fail

Quick Reply: KSports Installed