E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Dust

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i

I am now annoyed... I just put on a pair (up front) of EBC Green stuff and although they do not give off much dust, they DO NOT bite as good as oem. This is surpising since I had a set on my E36 M3 many years ago. My rotors have about 800 miles on them and I just don't get it. Would you guys PLEASE recommend a pad that you have experience with PERSONALLY please? I want less dust but factory stopping power.

BTW... I am interested in some wheels (19's preferably) in black with a polished lip. Anyone selling good condition used ones???
Old 05-05-2010, 01:33 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Did you brake them in properly? BTW, should've gone with Hawk HPS

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 05-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Welcome to the forum. I have Hawk HPS pads from Michael (acuteperformance) on my car. They are great, less dust than OEM, but with better bite and no fade. They have been on my car for about 1K miles now and I couldn't be happier
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i CPO bought in Jan 2009

not to hijack but...how do the Hawk Performance Ceramic Brakes perform? I'm looking for something similar to OEM performance but with no (or very little) dust.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:41 PM
Members

I'm also looking for that elusive combination of "better than OEM" stopping power with "way WAY LESS than OEM" brake dust.

Michael and others have said good things about the Hawk HPS---- mostly about their bite. And they say "less dust"...
but are we talking 50% less dust than OEM, or just slightly better than OEM?

I'd be very interested in the Hawk HPS (for their performance) if the brake dust is substantially less than OEM?

What say you, Michael?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor

Substantially less dust. There is an equilibrium point between stopping power and dust. Completely dustless and you sacrifice stopping power. Super stopping power and you get lots of dust. The Hawk HPS has a good equilibrium point.

I have around 5 sets in stock right now.

http://acuteperformance.com/bmw-e60-...-c-57_91_92_93

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by timmer
I'm also looking for that elusive combination of "better than OEM" stopping power with "way WAY LESS than OEM" brake dust.

Michael and others have said good things about the Hawk HPS---- mostly about their bite. And they say "less dust"...
but are we talking 50% less dust than OEM, or just slightly better than OEM?

I'd be very interested in the Hawk HPS (for their performance) if the brake dust is substantially less than OEM?

What say you, Michael?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i CPO bought in Jan 2009

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Substantially less dust. There is an equilibrium point between stopping power and dust. Completely dustless and you sacrifice stopping power. Super stopping power and you get lots of dust. The Hawk HPS has a good equilibrium point.

I have around 5 sets in stock right now.

http://acuteperformance.com/bmw-e60-...-c-57_91_92_93

Michael
Acute Performance
Any feedback on the Hawk Performance Ceramic Pads? They seem to be similar to the Axxis Deluxe pads everyone was raving about. I'm not looking for better performance, similar or even slightly less then OEM is ok with me as I don't drive hard, but a lot less dust would be a huge plus.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor

They are a ceramic pad, nothing to rave about in my mind. If I'm going to buy a brake pad, I'm going to buy something that provides better stopping power and less dust. Why spend the money on an inferior product?

Trust me, you say you aren't looking for better stopping power but until you've experienced it...

BTW, I sell the Ceramics too so I'm not just saying whatever to get a sale. I truly believe these are the pads to get!

Michael
Acute Performance
Old 05-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Be careful with Ceramic pads they generate more heat and can easily warp your stock rotors. The Hawk HPS pads are fantastic, less dust better stopping than OEM and give me more confidence under heavy braking, plus they don;t squeak like the OEM pads I had before (which squeaked loudly even when new).
Old 05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Members

My Ride: Silver 08 550 sport

Hi my service manager is into track and street BMW's and he recommended Mintex brake pads they are great for everyday use. Check Bavarian auto sport for them and I think they're under $150 for rear and the front, I'm about to order a set when my OEM wears down...

Quick Reply: Brake Dust