E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Anyone rock Vortex VT996's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone had these rims on their e60...

http://www.vortextuning.com/vortex_t...e-black-1.html

I really like them and are pretty easy on the wallet. I'm thinking about doing a straight swap (so I don't have to get new tires) if possible.

My Current Set up:
VMR710's 19" staggered 8.5 and 9.5 running General UHP's (245/35/zr19 front & 275/30/zr19 rear)....
Offsets are +35, +40

VT996: 19" staggered 8.5 and 9.5 and the offsets are +35 and +43

Would I be able to just swap rims while keeping the tires? Would I need to add spacers? Sorry i'm a bit of a tire noob.

Thanks and my car has x-drive so thats why they aren't the typical offsets....
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I was about to say "holy canoly" on those high offsets until I read you have the X drive model. Those offsets seem close to your current setup so I don't see why they won't work. Also the wheel size and widths are exactly the same so no problem swapping over the tires. Also keep in mind that the rears have a difference of +3 in offset which equates to 3mm = super small difference.

Those wheels are Volk TE-37 knock-offs but actually look pretty dang good. If you do pick up a set, post pics asap!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TakmaN
I was about to say "holy canoly" on those high offsets until I read you have the X drive model. Those offsets seem close to your current setup so I don't see why they won't work. Also the wheel size and widths are exactly the same so no problem swapping over the tires. Also keep in mind that the rears have a difference of +3 in offset which equates to 3mm = super small difference.

Those wheels are Volk TE-37 knock-offs but actually look pretty dang good. If you do pick up a set, post pics asap!
lol@holy canoly...thanks for the reply. I have always been a fan of the TE-37's and I really think that these look pretty damn close. I don't know if i'm going to sell my vmr's but I like to have options. I will deff post pics if I decide to pull the trigger...I just wish I could get an idea of what these would look like on my car before purchasing....I really like the black/blue theme I have going on so I figured I could extend it to my wheels. Matte Black rims with a blue color matched TA pinstripe....thoughts?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rkhettry23
lol@holy canoly...thanks for the reply. I have always been a fan of the TE-37's and I really think that these look pretty damn close. I don't know if i'm going to sell my vmr's but I like to have options. I will deff post pics if I decide to pull the trigger...I just wish I could get an idea of what these would look like on my car before purchasing....I really like the black/blue theme I have going on so I figured I could extend it to my wheels. Matte Black rims with a blue color matched TA pinstripe....thoughts?
I personally like the idea and think it would look aggressive but clean at the same time. They look pretty much identical to the TE-37s which are one of my all time favorite wheels. The good thing about these over the real Volks is that at +30-40 offsets, the real volks are not concave but these are. I'll pull up a thread where member praisethelowered posted pictures of the TE-37s he had on his car.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Senior Members

Here you go, found a few pictures:

My linkhttps://5series.net/forums/topic/93189-ordered-my-new-wheels-pictures-of-what-they-are/page__hl__+praisethelowered%20+dpe__st__60

His wheels were 19x9 +35 and 19x10.5 +25 or around there I think just to give you an idea.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM
Contributors

Here you go, found a few pictures:

My linkhttps://5series.net/forums/topic/93189-ordered-my-new-wheels-pictures-of-what-they-are/page__hl__+praisethelowered%20+dpe__st__60

His wheels were 19x9 +35 and 19x10.5 +25 or around there I think just to give you an idea.
ohhhhhhhhhh niceeee!!!!! Thanks for looking that up for me! So is he the only brave soul to try volks on our e60's?
Old 02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 W211
Model Year: 2017

Looks good. Those looks like Volk TE37's. Member PTL is rocking those as of right now. His setup looks really nice and aggressive.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rkhettry23
ohhhhhhhhhh niceeee!!!!! Thanks for looking that up for me! So is he the only brave soul to try volks on our e60's?
No problemo! I believe he was the only one to rock these on the forums that I know of but he sold them a while ago. A lot of people don't like the JDM brands on Euro cars but I personally don't care about the brand name so much as the looks, strength, and weight.

The other problem is that as far as I know, Volk doesn't make the TE-37 in E60 offsets. The ones that PTL had were from an E46 M3 and he had to run a spacer on the front to prevent it from rubbing the inner struts. Quite a few of the M3 guys have these, and there is actually a used set (matte black with red ring time attack) for sale on the m3forums right now.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

they look great for the price, very easy on the wallet
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Contributors

No problemo! I believe he was the only one to rock these on the forums that I know of but he sold them a while ago. A lot of people don't like the JDM brands on Euro cars but I personally don't care about the brand name so much as the looks, strength, and weight.

The other problem is that as far as I know, Volk doesn't make the TE-37 in E60 offsets. The ones that PTL had were from an E46 M3 and he had to run a spacer on the front to prevent it from rubbing the inner struts. Quite a few of the M3 guys have these, and there is actually a used set (matte black with red ring time attack) for sale on the m3forums right now.

Yea I hear you on the JDM side, but I figure I've already had lm replicas, the vmr's and hopefully these soon. I don't really mind replicas either since the roads are such shit here in NJ/NY and I don't put on BBS/Volk centercaps. Yea the black/red ta I saw, but the offsets aren't right. Thanks for all the help!

Quick Reply: Anyone rock Vortex VT996's?