E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got velocity unit but not changing gear on my 2009 LCI

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

I got my Velocity unit which is the old design.
The seller said that it will work on my 2009/10 LCI.
But after installing it, the car would not change gear after the 2nd until I rev it to 5500rpm
same gose for the 3rd and 4th and so on. the lag is got which is just like the SB.
I have tryed it 1,2,3,4 setting and they are all the same, need to rev the hell out of the car before changing gear.
Also when I switch it off the lag is back to stock but still would not change gear unless I rev it high!!!

Is this normal?
Is this Velocity unit only design for older models and not new 1s
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by pinguhk
I got my Velocity unit which is the old design.
The seller said that it will work on my 2009/10 LCI.
But after installing it, the car would not change gear after the 2nd until I rev it to 5500rpm
same gose for the 3rd and 4th and so on. the lag is got which is just like the SB.
I have tryed it 1,2,3,4 setting and they are all the same, need to rev the hell out of the car before changing gear.
Also when I switch it off the lag is back to stock but still would not change gear unless I rev it high!!!

Is this normal?
Is this Velocity unit only design for older models and not new 1s
Some members replied your questions.
https://5series.net/forums/topic/937...st__p__1117475
Old 02-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Members

I'm pretty sure I have one of the first ones since I've had it for a while. I haven't had any issues with mine on my 2010 535i.

What you describe doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't believe the velocity unit should have nothing to do with changing gears. My understanding is that is just changes the electrical signal to the ECU in such a way as to indicate that more gas should be supplied than what the gas pedal is signaling.

Have you uninstalled it and made sure that the gears are changing appropriately without it?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

pingy, is your e60 manual transmission? Does the velocity have both a manual and automatic version like an SB?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
I'm pretty sure I have one of the first ones since I've had it for a while. I haven't had any issues with mine on my 2010 535i.

What you describe doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I don't believe the velocity unit should have nothing to do with changing gears. My understanding is that is just changes the electrical signal to the ECU in such a way as to indicate that more gas should be supplied than what the gas pedal is signaling.

Have you uninstalled it and made sure that the gears are changing appropriately without it?
yes I have try it without and the gear change normal, when drive normal
eg 3rd gear will change at 3000rpm

but with the velocity on it will not change gear until about 5000+ rpm
If I let go of the peddle the revs just slowly come down and would not change gear so in 3rd it stays in the full rev from 1500 to 6500, same gose with 4th and will not change to 5 gear.
most of the time it stays in 3rd
Old 02-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
pingy, is your e60 manual transmission? Does the velocity have both a manual and automatic version like an SB?
my is a Auto transmission
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Members

I'll have to try it in full auto mode. I never drive my car that way. I always use the paddle shifters. I'll let you know.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by wolfgang0524
I'll have to try it in full auto mode. I never drive my car that way. I always use the paddle shifters. I'll let you know.
yes just auto, no Sport or +/-
my gearbox is just the normal 1 not sports
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

As requested by pinguhk, i tried out his velocity unit tonight on my 03 530i, to see if its only designed for the older car like mine.
But it turn out the same, my car cant change gear until it reachs the max rev

Then i swapped my SB back and everything went back to normal, after a short discussion with pinguhk,
we designed to give it another go, but turned out no success either.

I am sure the seller will sort this thing out and goodluck
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by keith84_uk
As requested by pinguhk, i tried out his velocity unit tonight on my 03 530i, to see if its only designed for the older car like mine.
But it turn out the same, my car cant change gear until it reachs the max rev

Then i swapped my SB back and everything went back to normal, after a short discussion with pinguhk,
we designed to give it another go, but turned out no success either.

I am sure the seller will sort this thing out and goodluck
+1 try it with it on and off and it is same as my LCI so I dont think it is the car, it more on the box which may have some bugs.
I will contact the selling about this.

many thanks for all your reply

Quick Reply: Got velocity unit but not changing gear on my 2009 LCI