Other BMW Models Talk about all the other BMW models here.

BMW X1 (E84)

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009 | 06:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Hello chaps,

Well, my X1 has finally arrived on my drive. Now, I switched out of my E60 M5 into this .. so it had a lot to live up to. Clearly my wants from this car had to be grossly different, but I specc'd it up as much as I could as I needed to make myself feel better after dropping 300hp and 6 cylinders. I wanted a comfortable cruiser, with great mileage, and space for the kids and luggage. Well, I have to say that I haven't been able to get out of this car. It's such a civilised drive (esp. compared with the M5). It's like a tardis. Apparently small on the outside, but when you get in it's very spacious. I got the top engine choice (for the UK), which is the xDrive23d (2ltr 4cl, TT). It's pushing out 204hp, and I was very pleasantly suprised at how it went. Obviously not quite M power, but enough to overtake safely. It's a brilliant car (as all the reviews have said), and I'm most pleased with it .. ok, I'm not driving around in a juicy, supersaloon anymore .. but times are changing, and I wanted something I didn't have to fill up every five mins.. and with all the average speed cameras recently installed in my area, it just made no sense to have that many horses anymore without being able to even accelerate to the end of 2nd gear without getting a ticket. I will miss the M5, but I have the memories and photos. I've moved on, and quite frankly I don't regret it.

Here's a pic from when I picked it up from the dealership.
Attached Thumbnails BMW X1 (E84)-x1_dealer_pic.jpg  
Old 12-07-2009 | 06:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Like I said before, I love those wheels! Excellent car, even if it's not an M5. Congrats on the delivery!
And looking forward to seeing some more pics and maybe even a review on the x1.
Old 12-07-2009 | 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

That car looks pretty cool! Much better then the X3.
Old 12-07-2009 | 07:10 AM
Contributors

I gotta see more pics the front looks like the new 7series front put on and X3 body though
Old 12-07-2009 | 07:19 AM
Contributors

seen pics not a fan after seeing the X6 now this kinda looks kia like looking towards the back from M5 to this I thought I was bad going from cls63 amg to e60.
Maybe I gotta see it in person to appreciate it. I would choose a cpo 08 X5 over this sorry
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by TEAM M' post='1069266' date='Dec 7 2009, 04:19 PM
seen pics not a fan after seeing the X6 now this kinda looks kia like looking towards the back from M5 to this I thought I was bad going from cls63 amg to e60.
Maybe I gotta see it in person to appreciate it. I would choose a cpo 08 X5 over this sorry
hey, no problem. you're entitled to your opinion, good or bad. for me it wasn't a choice based on performance (as you can tell) .. it's my wife's daily driver .. the M was just too much in the end for her. waste of power, and expensive to run .. especially when only really used for school runs and shopping. got fed up with repairing scrapes on the bumpers. ok, you'll always have to repair scraped bumpers, but when you have an M (or AMG or anything alike) then you want it to look 100% perfect all the time.. at least with this one I can let it go a little bit and just clean it up every now and then .. it's a lot smaller, so hopefully wont happen as frequently. in the UK, the car parking spaces are not very generous, so the M always poked out and was vulnerable. Getting an X5 wouldn't have solved this problem .. I looked at them, but kind of went against the brief. In the flesh, the car looks a lot better. I was unsure, until I saw my car sitting there.
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:50 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

I saw a very basic model of the X1 in white, it looked very strange, some kind of cool/ugly appearance, with cool taking overhand. Yours seems very nice, love the rims, and even if I love white cars I think this one is better in black. Can you post more pics?

Congrats!
Old 12-07-2009 | 08:53 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 525i

I second that - review is mostly welcome

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1069218' date='Dec 7 2009, 04:27 PM
Like I said before, I love those wheels! Excellent car, even if it's not an M5. Congrats on the delivery!
And looking forward to seeing some more pics and maybe even a review on the x1.
Old 12-07-2009 | 09:01 AM
Contributors

Looks quite nice and I'm sure your senses will miss the M5 blast from time to time. In the grand scheme, that M5 power is useful under such limited circumstances it probably went to waste. Now as for the "looks" ... this X1 looks great, but won't get the LOOKS your M5 did!!

Enjoy your newest BMW in good health
Old 12-15-2009 | 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Hi JayEll,

Congrats on your new X1, it looks very hot!

Black and beige has always been mine favorite,
very good looking but very unpractical.

I will test drive the X1 2.0d this Thursday.

Quick Reply: BMW X1 (E84)