DIY: Do It Yourself Share all your DIY experiences here. Ask how-to questions also!

BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

My wife was not very happy when I bought a BMW car seat for our child who is soon expected. However she was furious when she heard that BMW didn't sell a Travel System for that seat.

Apparently BMW do a buggy in the rest of Europe but that didn't pass UK safety and also that doesn't take the car seat. In my quest to find a Travel system I was told that Britax may be the manufacturer of the BMW car seat but it wasn't.

Anycase I bought a Britax Travel System with the Carry Cot and we reconciled ourselves with the idea of picking up the baby from the car seat and putting it into the Carry Cot or the Buggy seat.

However I was not about to give up. What I did was write to the Britax spares department to find out if I could get the fittings that allowed the Carry Cot to clip to the frame. To my surprise they said it was available and sent me a set as a goodwill gesture Still at that point I had no idea how to make this work.

A few prototypes later and a few trips to B&Q and I finally have something even my wife is quite impressed with. It almost looks like it came with the set. The buggy frame folds with the base and the base is removable to make way for the other parts. The car seat clicks into the frame I made in exactly the same way as it works on the ISOFIX frame that came with the seat.

Finished product below. This write is just to give a few people some ideas in case they are in the same situation.

BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System-imga0032_2.jpg
BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System-imga0033_2.jpg
BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System-imga0034_2.jpg
BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System-imga0035_2.jpg
Old 10-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

Make sure you get one of THESE to protect your leather seats!! Improves the grip of the bottom of most child/baby seats too.

Marc
Old 10-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Bruce, now you need to mod it out ! Check ebay for the Blue and white propeller and the ///M badge , your new baby will be a BMW fan from the start !

Cheers
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='483439' date='Oct 19 2007, 11:10 AM
Make sure you get one of THESE to protect your leather seats!! Improves the grip of the bottom of most child/baby seats too.

Marc
Thanks Marc, I got one from Amazon just now. I'm a sucker for free delivery.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Members

Thanks Bruce. My wife and I are in the same situation and pick up our car tomorrow. We've been "borrowing" a car seat while we decide what to get. Thanks for the additional options!

ace
Old 05-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Banned

Hey friend.So finally your wife got pleased.If your wife still not got pleased I suggest you to have a Disney baby Products which includes Disney Pushchair ,Car seat, Bouncer seat ,etc which will comfortably fits in BMW.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Contributors

This item is up for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Contributors

Now on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170588569001&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:GB:1123
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Contributors

On ebay again http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170650707291
Old 06-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Bruce you should mention this on BMWLAND forum as well since there is a lot more UK people

Quick Reply: BMW Child Baby Seat - Buggy Travel System