E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Option 563 Extended Interior Light Package... Ambient ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

I was checking through my options and realised I don't really know what the full extent of option 563 is, there seems to be little info on this, I'm assuming it will be similar to my e65's ambient lighting... any pics or specs appreciated
Old 02-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='392771' date='Feb 18 2007, 06:53 AM
I was checking through my options and realised I don't really know what the full extent of option 563 is, there seems to be little info on this, I'm assuming it will be similar to my e65's ambient lighting... any pics or specs appreciated
- ambient lights (amber LEDS) in door handles front a rear
- lights under door mirrors to illuminate ground
- lights in footwells
- lights under doors for exiting
- extra light in the boot

Here's a pic of the ambient door lights and mirror lights...
Attached Thumbnails Option 563 Extended Interior Light Package... Ambient ?-extended_lighting.jpg  
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='392809' date='Feb 18 2007, 12:36 PM
- ambient lights (amber LEDS) in door handles front a rear
- lights under door mirrors to illuminate ground
- lights in footwells
- lights under doors for exiting
- extra light in the boot

Here's a pic of the ambient door lights and mirror lights...
I have the light package in pre LCI E60 530iA, it?s just as described above. The doors will be different in LCI E60 though. I have ordered light package for my new LCI 525iA, but I don?t know exactly how the door handles inside will be illuminated, because there is not same kind of handle where the ambient lights are located in the pre LCI. I think we have to wait and see.

It?s strange why BMW is not updating configurator because they do already sell the LCI since January... MB have the configurator for the all new C-Class W204 open since end of January with all the details...

Regards from Finland

TGII
Old 02-18-2007, 07:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525d M Sport in Carbon Black

THANKS FOLKS.... Thats alot clearer for me now

Just one thing though when i open the car with the remote are there small lights on each handle ?
Old 02-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by e60scotland' post='392883' date='Feb 18 2007, 06:27 PM
THANKS FOLKS.... Thats alot clearer for me now

Just one thing though when i open the car with the remote are there small lights on each handle ?
Hi,

My wife?s E87 has those lights in each handle - my current E60 has not. We will see whether LCI E60 is equipped like E90&E87.

BR

TGII
Old 02-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 320d SE (E90) manual - Sapphire Black, Beige Leather Sports Seats, Burled Walnut, Heated Seats, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Hi-Fi sound, Bluetooth, Side-Window blinds, Through-Load, Luggage Net, PDC Front & Rear, Adaptive Xenons, Style 158 17", Chrome Grill & Window Trim, Blackline Tailights, Power folding/dimming side mirrors, Split Armrest, Dual Zone Climate, Cruise, LEDs on door handles, iPod nano, SE K750i

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='392896' date='Feb 18 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi,

My wife?s E87 has those lights in each handle - my current E60 has not. We will see whether LCI E60 is equipped like E90&E87.
The E90 doesn't have any lights in the door handles at all...
The E92 has a strip of dim LEDs about 2 feet under the upper part of the door trim (so the whole door is lit up).

I hope the LCI door handles with lighting package aren't like the E90!
Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Raighne' post='392899' date='Feb 18 2007, 07:20 PM
The E90 doesn't have any lights in the door handles at all...
The E92 has a strip of dim LEDs about 2 feet under the upper part of the door trim (so the whole door is lit up).

I hope the LCI door handles with lighting package aren't like the E90!
Hi,

E90&87 have door handle lights in outside door handles lighting the ground outside. At least in Finland...

BR

TGII
Old 02-18-2007, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

I think you're confusing this by speaking of exterior lights and interior lights at the same time. I also ordered my E61 with extended light package, an according to the little info I got it will still be only a LED light underneath the mirror, thus regrettably not as flashy as my current E91 where each door handle is lit. As the interior now resembles the E92, I assume the interior lights will be about the same.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='392902' date='Feb 18 2007, 05:37 PM
E90&87 have door handle lights in outside door handles lighting the ground outside. At least in Finland...
Yes, sorry. I thought you meant lights on the interior handles (which the E90 doesn't have)
Old 02-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narvselius' post='392904' date='Feb 18 2007, 05:46 PM
As the interior now resembles the E92, I assume the interior lights will be about the same.
Well, the interior ambient lights on the E92 are quite different.
They look like this (well much dimmer actually, it's just the long exposure that make them look bright)

Option 563 Extended Interior Light Package... Ambient ?-e92.jpg

It's hard to imagine the same setup on the LCI E60 as the same recess under the trim isn't there.
Here's the door of the LCI...

Option 563 Extended Interior Light Package... Ambient ?-touring_p0033716_b.jpg

Quick Reply: Option 563 Extended Interior Light Package... Ambient ?