E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

MFanatics Project M Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys haven't quite introduced myself to the forum, rather I have been more of a lurker.I have been on the edge debating about an E60 for a while now and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a 04 525i with cold weather package, only 67k miles.Anyways I decided to do a build thread as I love seeing the potential in the E60 and what can potentially be done with it.I have already composed a laundry list full of mods and will update the thread daily with modifications being done.I have added pics below ,yes I know the body is rough but hence why its a project. Also I would like to thank everybody on the forum for how helpful and resourceful they can
be.

This would be the worst part of the car along with the front hood/bumper. Bought it exactly like this from a younger guy who lived in a heavily populated city. Tow truck driver backed into the hood. As far as the door damage, some teenagers decided to vandelize cars in the area where the previous owner lived and this poor thing was in the path of cars attacked.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Members

Thats not too bad, hope you got a great deal on it . just get that front fixed up and repainted and the doors and maybe get rid of that spoiler for an m5 rep or acs one. Wish mine came with that front bumper, even in that condition . But good luck keep us updated.

Also I would sand down and clear coat those headlights at the same time when getting the rest of the stuff painted. They will look like new.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by d1noo
Thats not too bad, hope you got a great deal on it . just get that front fixed up and repainted and the doors and maybe get rid of that spoiler for an m5 rep or acs one. Wish mine came with that front bumper, even in that condition . But good luck keep us updated.

Also I would sand down and clear coat those headlights at the same time when getting the rest of the stuff painted. They will look like new.
Yessir I did . And I feel the same way about the rear spoiler, so I went ahead and ordered an acs spoiler. Was wondering about the headlights, I saw some restorations diy's, so I figured when I bring it to the bodyshop they could bring them back to life.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:20 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

Restore that headlights!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Shydee
Restore that headlights!
yessir will do.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Members

After doing some research here is what I have ordered so far:

-Smoked Led Sidemarkers

-Matte Black kidney grills

-Carbon Fiber Bmw roundels for hood and trunk

-M5 trunk finisher

The above items I bought from Nerwyll at Trinity Autosport. I have nothing but compliments about Nerwyll and the team at Trinity Autosport. They were truly knowledgable and answered my questions in-depth. They also had very fast shipping. I have provided pictures below of the items I have purchased from them.

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10

"Matte Black"

"Carbon Fiber/Black Roundels

"Led Sidemarkers"

"M5 Trunk Finisher"
Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Members

Also ordered the M-Tech kit from Matt at Umnitza. Matts a great guy but more importantly the whole team was very supportive and gave me package price and everything I ordered from them. Below is a list of what I ordered from them.

M-Tech:

-M5 Front Bumper.

-M5 Rear Bumper.

-M5 Side Skirts.

-Umnitza Custom stainless steel Quad M5 exhaust setup.

-Umnitza Orion V2 Angel Eyes.

-Umnitza V4 led turn signals.

-Umnitza V4 led liscense plate lights.

-Also ordered ACS trunk spoiler from JL-Motoring.

M5 side skirts arrived yesterday as a seperate package from the rest,along with the Acs rear trunk spoiler.I have provided Pictures of both below.

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10

"ACS trunk spoiler"

Shot at 2012-06-10

" M5 Side Skirts"

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10
Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by MFanatic 5
Also ordered the M-Tech kit from Matt at Umnitza. Matts a great guy but more importantly the whole team was very supportive and gave me package price and everything I ordered from them. Below is a list of what I ordered from them.

M-Tech:

-M5 Front Bumper.

-M5 Rear Bumper.

-M5 Side Skirts.

-Umnitza Custom stainless steel Quad M5 exhaust setup.

-Umnitza Orion V2 Angel Eyes.

-Umnitza V4 led turn signals.

-Umnitza V4 led liscense plate lights.

-Also ordered ACS trunk spoiler from JL-Motoring.

M5 side skirts arrived yesterday as a seperate package from the rest,along with the Acs rear trunk spoiler.I have provided Pictures of both below.

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10

"ACS trunk spoiler"

Shot at 2012-06-10

" M5 Side Skirts"

Shot at 2012-06-10

Shot at 2012-06-10
Make sure you test fit the side skirts. Some times they tend to run slightly short.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Originally Posted by Shydee
Restore that headlights!
+1
Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by wtlb
Make sure you test fit the side skirts. Some times they tend to run slightly short.
Thanks for the suggestion wasn't aware of that!.

Quick Reply: MFanatics Project M Build Thread