New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself. Everyone here was once new to the 5 Series Forums so don't be shy! Welcome!

New to The Forum But Not to BMW

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 01:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F07 GT 535D M Sport & E60 530D M Sport

At Last, after owning a e36 convertable 325i, a e39 525d, i will become the proad owner of a e60 530D M Sport on Tuesday

But before i go there,

Just a Big Hello to every one world wide. I live in Wiltshire UK, Not far from Stone Henge, and if your ever over hear and planning a visit to this monumentus pile of stones,,,,,,,,DONT,

I am flying up to glasgow (Scotland) on Tuesday to a Arnold Clark Dealer ship and picking up a e60 530D M Sport in Gray with black leather. Its a 06 plate with 46K Miles, 232bhp and lots of grunt. "O" and its a manuel gear box.

This is going to be a bit of a weekend car / project to do up a little. I Already have the MK Motorsport Wheels 9X20 and 10.5X20 and ordering a twin exit exhaust and a twin exit defuser as i am trying not to go the M5 Rep route as its so over done, and its not an M5.

The cat,s are going to be removel and the The Diesel Particulate Filter replaced and then a remap to delite the filter on the ECU as this thing is renowned for blocking and requiring replacement at a cost in the region of £1200 from your local BMW dealer.

Just a taster, got them of the web site today, with a couple of subtle mods its gona look sweet

This will be droped on coilovers,along with the M Sport front spliter over the next month or so. Also going to do some audio improvements over the winter

Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

welcome and enjoy the forums.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Members

Bit of an Up Date

Had a good day of car cleaning at the weekend, the e60 got a good wash, clay, wash and paint clean and then another wash and polish.

The wheels are on but i need to replace the front tyres from 225 to 245 as the 225 keep comming off the rim, unless you put well over 40psi and thats not good.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i 08 headlights m5 front bumper laces up with some nice rims bought this car 2 years ago and I love it

Looks real nice I love the staggered look
Old 11-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Members

Little Update

I did not like the orange glow on the side/angel eye lights so I got hold of several of these to replace the standard bulbs

This is showing you the difference between the bulbs, New brightness on the left

Both bulbs replaced

And all 4 replaced, they are not like the e39 led bulb but they are almost as bright

Then I replaced the rear number plate bulbs with some LED items, so much brighter

Then the interior light bulbs were replaced

And then I received this today as well, it?s the BMW I Phone cradle, this works a treat.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:20 PM
Members

Another update:

I have had a productive couple of days. As the front discs were warped i decided to replace the discs and pads all round as well as the hand break shoes, i removed the discs/pads and then removed the calipers/carriers as i wanted to give every thing a good clean and then paint every thing.

What a mess,,,,, all down to poor maintenence from last owner. BUT, its going to be all good.....

Car jacked up and every thing removed.

all down to the hubs, every thing got a good clean and all the crap removed

Every thing has been cleaned ready for paint

I also had my black grills arrive so they were replaced

The stuff is being spray painted tonight and will be fitted back on the car Friday, i will update again then.

And at the weekend its being lowered on eibach springs 25 front and 30 rear.........
Old 12-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Members

Another Update

Well, its taken a while but i finally got every thing painted today and the rear springs replace as well.
Had to get the car covered before we started

All primed and drying waiting for the top coat

The rear disc covers were also done

Painted in gloss black

Then the top coat went on, this is a Porsche Red

Then the rear struts were removed and the springs replace with eibach pro springs

Leaving every thing to dry over night and tomorrow i will be fitting the new discs and pads along with the rear drums.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Members

Bit of an Up Date

After getting xmas out of the way i decided to treat my self.

I decided to do the swirl flap delite. This was a bitch at first due to a hidden bolt but i got there in the end

I got some upgraded rear LED lights, and fitted them

They are a After market item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3206249656...84.m1497.l2649

www.energizedcustoms.co.uk

No errors or problems when fitted to the car, just like the origanal items but half the price.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Members

Well, I forgot to do this yesterday so, Lights On,,,,,,

I also did a bit more to day, as its getting a remap and exhaust on Monday I thought it would be an idea to do some maintenance, When I picked up the car I was told it had recently been serviced,

After lifting the dip stick I could tell it had not had an oil change in a while So, to day I gave her a new Oil Filter and Oil, as well as a new Air filter

Used this oil

Old and new oil filters

And the Air filter was replaced with a pipercross performance filter

And then to make my day this turned up this afternoon thanks to Phil @ CA Automotive

http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/home.php

It?s like being a kid in a candy shop

The Coilovers are being fitted Saturday, I intend on doing a full start to finish documentary on this with picks
Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Members

Well, The coilovers were fitted, i had a mate help me as he had a 2 post lift in his workshop, I couldn't do a write-up on this as i was under the car most of the time but some random picks

Quick Reply: New to The Forum But Not to BMW