E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

550i LCI led angel eyes, quick advice please

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011 | 12:42 AM
Members

I'd like to upgrade the color of the angel eyes in my 2008 550i LCI, but want to keep them "factory looking", like the new F10 models and 2011+ E9x. I want that bright white color, without it being too overly noticeable (aftermarket). Right now, I'm leaning toward the WeissLicht XX2 because, from the pics, they look the most factory, but would anyone recommend the ICE V5 or Genesis ICE instead? I know this topic has been beaten to death and I have read the threads already on here about them, but I'm still undecided which of the 3 is best suited for my taste. I'm leaning toward the WeissLicht XX2 because of the pics in this thread: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...yes-08-m5.html . How much brighter would the V5 or ICE be compared to the weisslicht? Thank you!
Old 07-10-2011 | 11:14 AM
Members

I ended up buying the WeissLicht XX2. After looking at some other pics, I think the other halo's are too bright/bluish for my taste. I'll post up some pics once I get them.
Old 07-10-2011 | 11:28 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to be bearer of bad news but those will SUCK during the daytime. You will not even be able to see them let alone match them to the new angle eyes on the 2011 BMWs. These H8 LED bulbs will give you errors on the iDrive. If you can I would cancel my order ASAP.
Old 07-10-2011 | 12:53 PM
Members

Alright, just cancelled my order. Which do you recommend then? The ICE V5 or Genesis form umnitza?
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Those are also bad. LED bulbs for LCI cars (08-10) don't work well. And anyway they are very DIM during daylight. If you want a OEM look you should just get GP Thunders 8500k H8 bulbs. You can get those for $14 on Amazon. They are pure white. They still are nowhere near as bright as the new BMWs but they are brighter then H8 LED bulbs and you will NOT get any errors.

If you want a bright setup your best bet is HID angles. They do look aftermarket but they are VERY bright. Now if you want a OEM type setup the best thing to get would be Orion by Umnitza. Orion is very complex. They cost $250 and you need to send your headlights to get them installed which costs another $250.

First Picture- Stock Bulbs VS GP Thunder

Second Picture- Stock Bulbs VS HID Angles

Third Picture- Orion V2
Attached Thumbnails 550i LCI led angel eyes, quick advice please-h8-mit-35-w-h11-mit-55-w-gp-thunder-8500k-5350.jpg   550i LCI led angel eyes, quick advice please-hid-angel_eyes-compare.jpg   550i LCI led angel eyes, quick advice please-dsc00161.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:16 PM
Members

I really like the color and brightness of the bulbs in the first picture, most OEM looking. The HID and orion's look too aftermarket for my taste. Are you confident that just getting those 8500k bulbs will be as bright or brighter than an LED bulb, such as the umnitza's and WeissLicht? If so, that would be great since the bulbs are significantly cheaper. Let me know before I click the buy button. Thank you again!
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:19 PM
New Members

My Ride: E60 535i
Model Year: 09

You sure the second picture are hid angels?
I got hid angels from John and they are super bright!!!
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by dantheman1
I really like the color and brightness of the bulbs in the first picture, most OEM looking. The HID and orion's look too aftermarket for my taste. Are you confident that just getting those 8500k bulbs will be as bright or brighter than an LED bulb, such as the umnitza's and WeissLicht? If so, that would be great since the bulbs are significantly cheaper. Let me know before I click the buy button. Thank you again!
Yes. I have these as my fogs and they match my HIDS. During the day they are very bright. If you want to wait I am sure some more members will chime in. But everyone knows H8 LED bulbs sucks for the angles.
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:23 PM
Members

Quick update, just got this email from Lux Angel Eyes:

> "Comments / Questions: I have a 2008 550i LCI with xenons. I really like the look of your H8 Lux bulbs since they look the most factory (like the color on newer 2011+ models), and not too gaudy. You specifically say they can't fit to e60 LCI, do you recommend any other H8 bulbs that look like yours but can fit my 550i? Thanks"

"Hi Danny. We actually have made a change to the design recently so they might fit in the 5-series now. If you are interested you can purchase a set and see if they fit correctly. If they don't fit I will send you a pre-paid return label so you can return them. Please let me know if you are interested"

Too bad I'm not really interested in being the $245 guinea pig. So are those GP thunders the only real option for LCI E60's?
Old 07-10-2011 | 01:35 PM
Members

Was looking through some pics from an M3. The first pic is with the GP Thunders. I think they have a bit of a purple in them, but at $14, I can always put the stock one's back in if I don't like it. The other pics are of the H8 Lux Angel Eyes, they look great!

Thunder GP:

LUX:

Btw, M3trizzle, you have a beautiful M3, very tastefully modified.

Quick Reply: 550i LCI led angel eyes, quick advice please