E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a broken set of headlights. Decided to cut out the eyebrow portion of the headlight. The whole thing. Did it quick just to see how hard it would be. If I were to do this, I'd take my time gutting it out. Took it out and painted it black, red, white. I got some Frosted glass spray paint and frosted the eyebrow lens too.

I planned on inserting LED strip/ribbon behind the eyebrows to make them brighter. I will be messing around with these headlights for a while. For my 2nd set of headlights (Demon eyes) I was going to heavily mod it with Orion V2 color changing, painted eyebrows and insert some LED behind the eyebrow to make them brighter. But I sold it.

Maybe I'll eventually do this mod. But for now, just experimenting.

Gutted out the eyebrow section

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2836.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2837.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2839.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2844.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2859.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2865.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2907.jpg

Frosted the eyebrow portion

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2919.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2921.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2923.jpg

Would look good on a Alpine White E60

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2931.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2936.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2943.jpg
***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-dsc_2945.jpg
Old 05-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Contributors

I can't really tell enough of a difference for me to think it would matter as a mod. Only person that would really know about it is you is what I mean.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

I think there is potential there. Good job bro!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Reminds me of the new F10 headlights with the white.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

I would have to say this mod may not be worth the time or energy but needless to say iit still looks great. Your car almost has an f10 look.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Dont listen to everyone guys, these are the poeple that complain but then jump on the band wagon to get it done, just like when john figured out hid angels and reverse lights and eugene doing the eyebrow mods, amazing job guys
Old 05-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi (Titanium Grey/ Black interior) Debaged, L.e.d. light upgrade throughout. ACS roof spoiler. H&R sport sprigs, Angel eye upgrade, euro sticker, ,matte black grills.

I like it! Do the color match with your paint code and it will look sick. Red on red. (nice!) Or flat black if your not in the mood for all the hassle. Either way, looks sexy. Congrats
Old 05-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Isaiah_Charles
Reminds me of the new F10 headlights with the white.
That's the look I was going for. The frost was too transparent. That's why I sprayed it white. Need to order another spray.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I like the painted black look, it would stand out very well against white eyebrows, creating an illusion of the white LEDs being even brighter.

Not a fan of the other combination though, the frost look reminds me more of MB's C-class. No bueno to me.

With that said, sealing the brow part is already tough enough, gutting that whole section would make sealing a nightmare IMO.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I like the painted black look, it would stand out very well against white eyebrows, creating an illusion of the white LEDs being even brighter.

Not a fan of the other combination though, the frost look reminds me more of MB's C-class. No bueno to me.

With that said, sealing the brow part is already tough enough, gutting that whole section would make sealing a nightmare IMO.
Yea. I liked the black look. But after I installed it. It didn't pop to me. I wanted the frost look like the F10. That's what I'll probably do. I'll work on the broken set and seal them up. Let them stand in the elements and see how well they fair. I might do them on my main set eventually since I sold my "Demon" set.

For the other colors. I got bored and wanted to see how they'll look. Once I put them on. They look like sh*t. Maybe on a black car with Lambo lime green like MAC's M3.

Originally Posted by sweetnlowe60
I like it! Do the color match with your paint code and it will look sick. Red on red. (nice!) Or flat black if your not in the mood for all the hassle. Either way, looks sexy. Congrats
We were going to put the red on the car. But when we took off the white brow, we snapped it. We used too much Acetone and made it weak and brittle in certain areas.

Going to try this one.

***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.-frost.png

Quick Reply: ***Custom Painted Eyebrow*** Pics Inside.