E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all

Guys realy need your help...

Today i went to my dealer to buy the M5(e60) from and rear bumper's to my car (BMW 520d e60 2006/07), and the dealer told that it wasnt possible to fit those on my car because the rear of the M5 its wider then my car , i was like "what?? ppl do this all the time"...

I know that i am going to have problem's with the front fenders because of the front M5 bumper but in the rear, and from all i have read in this forum i tought its was a perfect fit

Is it because my car is a diesel somehow the frame is diferent??

Has anyone done this? realy need a answer because the dealer says it can sell me the bumpers but if i am wrong they wont acept them back or even make a change them for the M ones... My car is in the shop allready all dismounted waiting for the bumpers ..

Tks in advance
Old 12-22-2010, 04:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

I dont know why you went to a dealer who knows NOTHING.
The M5 bumper gives you an illusion that it is widder and bigger but sits on the exact same fitting. Try a body shop and you should be okay - If you have it painted already its a pure DIY (Look in the DIY section of this forum) you can put it on in about 30 minutes to 2 hrs depending on the level of your skill.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by theracerboss
I dont know why you went to a dealer who knows NOTHING.
Unfortunatly the zone where i live i dont have much choice, the dealer is the only thing that sells orginail\oem parts :thumbsdown:

Originally Posted by theracerboss
The M5 bumper gives you an illusion that it is widder and bigger but sits on the exact same fitting. Try a body shop and you should be okay - If you have it painted already its a pure DIY (Look in the DIY section of this forum) you can put it on in about 30 minutes to 2 hrs depending on the level of your skill.
Ya i have seen those thats why i was almost certain that they fit but he told that they dont i was realy surprise, and start thinking maybe on the petrol models (since most you own petrol cars) something its diferent...

Thanks alot for the info i think i will just simply buy it and apply it no matter what they say, atleast the rear one

Regards
Old 12-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Tell them AlexFW said they suck.

Search on the forum, parts mod and accessories, Author: AlexFW, word "bumper" and you'll probably find everything.

You will need, for a very good job, the carrier (if you want a perfect job only), 2 little parts from the M5 (#15 and #16 on the drawing of the bumper, if I remember correctly) and removing the foam between the bumper.
If you need more info, I'll look onto it again for you.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW
Tell them AlexFW said they suck.

Search on the forum, parts mod and accessories, Author: AlexFW, word "bumper" and you'll probably find everything.

You will need, for a very good job, the carrier, 2 little parts and removing the foam between the bumper.
If you need more info, I'll look onto it again for you.
Ya Alex they do suck alot!

Tks alot for the info, i am at work now i will do the search tonight and give you some feedback of what i found, once again tks alot much more confident now

Regards...
Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

The m5 bumper will fit, however it will not line up 100%. The m5 bumper is slightly wider. When installing the m5 bumper use the m5 side bracket as well, without this there will be a terrible gap. Also as mentioned above remove the foam or shave it down. that's pretty much it. Good luck!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by r9ndy
The m5 bumper will fit, however it will not line up 100%. The m5 bumper is slightly wider. When installing the m5 bumper use the m5 side bracket as well, without this there will be a terrible gap. Also as mentioned above remove the foam or shave it down. that's pretty much it. Good luck!
Ok guys from what i have read in this topic and from the AlexFW topics it seems there is a slightly problem with the carrier and the brackets that you just mention r9ndy...

The carrier i allready know what part it is but the brackets i am not seeing to what you guys are refering 2 can someone show me the part or give me the part number so i can tell specificly the dealer what parts i want so he dont have to think to much since every time they do it costs me alot of money :thumbsdown:

Just to sum it up and from all the info you guys gave me (once again i am realy gratfull tks alot you guys rock ) i will buy
  • 2x M5 from bumper brakets
  • M5 front Bumper
  • M5 side skirts
  • M5 rear Bumper

And with this i must be able to do very good job right? for a really really great, job i should buy the carrier to, but it sounds expensive :thumbsdown:...

I will give some feedback on how it turn out
Old 12-23-2010, 12:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

I think you could go without the carrier: they look VERY similar but drantispy assured they were different, so I got it.

It costs about EUR 300.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AlexFW
I think you could go without the carrier: they look VERY similar but drantispy assured they were different, so I got it.

It costs about EUR 300.
Ok then here is my shop list correct if i am wrong or if the so mention brackets are not included:
Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit-frente.jpg   NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit-carrier.jpg   NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit-embaladeiras.jpg   NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit-tras.jpg  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Members

Ho and more thing what about the air ducts??

Can i fit the fog lights and envolving parts on the air ducts hole on the M5 bumper or do i need to buy those to?

An this do i need any of these?

Sorry for all the questions but i dont want to mess up on this part buying more parts then i realy need = waste of ??? and buying less means wast of time and several trips to the dealer witch i love at this moment
Attached Thumbnails NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit-trasbaixo.jpg  

Quick Reply: NEED HELP - M5 bumpers Retrofit