F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

For those with September production cars...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Saw a thread over on another F10 board talking about the timing of the Sept changes. Specifically, the poster indicated that his dealer contacted him with information that early Sept build cars will/may not have the updated Bluetooth and other iDrive enhancements. Week 35 is the first build week after the August factory closer and this dealer indicated the changes would not hit until week 37 builds. My question is a selfish one as my M3 is a week 36 build and I had specifically waited to order my car so that I got the iDrive/Bluetooth changes. Now I am worried that this delay, sounds like the hardware is not available yet, could impact my car... Anybody else hearing anything?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Members

My Ride: Awaiting a Saphire Black 520d SE, Black High-Gloss Trim, Black Fusion Upholstery, Hi-Fi Stereo, DAB Radio, USB/Ipod Adaptor. ETA Nov 21st 2007

My dealer also told me week 37 for the changes to production.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I'm hoping to get more information soon but today, I learned that my car was moved to week 40 production (by BMW.) Haven't learned why yet but it's possible that there's a parts shortage or something isn't quite ready for the early September date I originally had.

kscarrol, why not see if you can get your production moved [at least] one week in case all of this stuff is true? You don't want to miss something by one week, do you?
Old 08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy
I'm hoping to get more information soon but today, I learned that my car was moved to week 40 production (by BMW.) Haven't learned why yet but it's possible that there's a parts shortage or something isn't quite ready for the early September date I originally had.

kscarrol, why not see if you can get your production moved [at least] one week in case all of this stuff is true? You don't want to miss something by one week, do you?
Rudy,

I will try to confirm the issue and move production if possible but with a scheduled completion date of Sept 6th, moving may not be so easy... :thumbsdown:

Worst case scenario I extend my lease on the 550 a couple of months and reorder.

Ken
Old 08-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Talked to BMWNA and they were polite but not very comforting. The rep. listened to my plight and put me on hold while he "made a few calls". He came on, admitting it was not much of an answer, that any car built after the AUgust re-tooling of the factory would get the changes announced in the press release. But he didn't sound very convincing and he realized it did not really answer my concerns...
Old 08-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Talked to BMWNA and they were polite but not very comforting. The rep. listened to my plight and put me on hold while he "made a few calls". He came on, admitting it was not much of an answer, that any car built after the AUgust re-tooling of the factory would get the changes announced in the press release. But he didn't sound very convincing and he realized it did not really answer my concerns...
Why wasn't his answer "not much of one"? Didn't he confirm what we're looking to learn? It makes sense that after the re-tooling, any changes would be implemented immediately and not a few weeks later, right?

Still not sure why I lost a month in my schedule though...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Members

From what I've heard, the number of orders continues to grow and that the most recent changes are due to grouping like models/options/etc. into the production runs so that they can try and keep up with the orders better. May be PR BS, but there is some logic to it.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Contributors

Why wasn't his answer "not much of one"? Didn't he confirm what we're looking to learn? It makes sense that after the re-tooling, any changes would be implemented immediately and not a few weeks later, right?

Agreed Rudy but there is a thread over on F10.com where a person with an F10 scheduled for week 35 production got a call from his dealer indicating there was a problem with his order. Seems the "combox" was not ready and would not be going into cars until week 37. The combox is the new hardware that provides the iDrive upgrades that were announced back in July. Perhaps your dealer saw this and moved your car back to week 40 to make sure you got the proper hardware. I am simply trying to confirm this with over folks who have cars on order as I don't want to turn in my 550 and go to delivery on my M3 only to find out the car is lacking options I ordered. Then it becomes a question of do I settle for a car that is not what I ordered.

The rep at BMWNA simply said let me make some calls and then he came back on saying I know this doesn't answer your question but all I can say is I'm being told that all cars built after the re-tooling will get the changes. Sounded more like someone read the July release to him...

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...=419339&page=2

Read about halfway down where member Dymanese talks about his car and supposedly confirming that week 37 is when the F10 will start getting the combox hardware... Post #39 reads: "What has been confirmed for Sept. (2010) F10 equipment:

Just confirmed, that "week 37" is the first Production Week that all new F10's will receive the new equipment. Again, "Week 37" or later. I had correspondence with my the Sales Manager of dealer that BMWNA stated all F10's receiving the new equipment for September 2010 will begin production in "week 37" (notice the quote)."