E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Heads Up Display Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Space Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium, Comfort, Cold Weather, HUD, Navigation, Night Vision, Shades, L7 Sound, Heated/AC Seats

Just an FYI for those of you out there like me who could not view the HUD due to improper adjustment, seat position, or just pure height of the individual, it is possible to have the HUD adjusted at the dealership.

I have read a lot about the dealerships inability to adjust the HUD, but was able to get mine done today at Hendrick BMW in Charlotte, NC. It is not covered under warranty and cost me 2 hours labor, which was $190 out the door.

Because of having to use the clutch and the fact it does have the M-Sport package, I find it much more comfortable to sit lower in the car, and being only 5'6" I could never see the HUD. so for me it was well worth the $190 to make use of the feature.

My SA told me that any dealership is able to do it, but most of the time it amounts to an unwillingness because customers expect it to be covered. He also said that BMW Germany's position states that the driver "should adjust the seat to view the HUD" and not the other way around.

Anyway, just thought I would pass it along.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Members

geez, that's pretty expensive as i believe that it's not very hard to do. there is a DIY if you search for it. pretty straight forward, you take off the idrive screen and adjust 1 of 2 knobs and that's it.....never trust them stealerships :thumbsdown:

thanks for the info though.....
Old 08-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Space Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport, Premium, Comfort, Cold Weather, HUD, Navigation, Night Vision, Shades, L7 Sound, Heated/AC Seats

Originally Posted by djdc78
geez, that's pretty expensive as i believe that it's not very hard to do. there is a DIY if you search for it. pretty straight forward, you take off the idrive screen and adjust 1 of 2 knobs and that's it.....never trust them stealerships :thumbsdown:

thanks for the info though.....
Yeah, well 'time' seems to always be the operative decision maker for me bro. Running two companies I barely have time to drive the stinking car, let alone perform DIY mods I do hope one day, I'll be able to rip that stinking iDrive apart hahaha. Take care man!