Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

Rolled Fenders

Old 08-20-2014, 09:44 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Loaded to max
Default Rolled Fenders

Hey guys, I'm wanting to roll my rear fenders to get that wide stance aggressive look on my E60 using spacers. Looking in the wheel well, it appears that the fender liner is tucked up underneath the fender lip. If the fender lip gets rolled, won't the liner get pushed out and pop over the lip? Also, it appears that the closest spot for the tire rubbing is where the rear bumper meets the fender. How does that area get pushed back or cleared?
Maybe those guys with rolled fenders can shed some light on this.

Thanks all!
Randy
Old 10-03-2014, 08:09 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 04' 545, 6 Spd Manual, Blk Lthr, Sport Pkg, Sport Sts, Logic 7, Cold Wthr Pkg, Full L.E.D. Interior, Red Eng. Cvr, Mtech Front Bmpr, M5 Spoiler, Matte Blk Grill, Red Caps, Slttd & Drlld Rotors, 20
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Randmaster
Hey guys, I'm wanting to roll my rear fenders to get that wide stance aggressive look on my E60 using spacers. Looking in the wheel well, it appears that the fender liner is tucked up underneath the fender lip. If the fender lip gets rolled, won't the liner get pushed out and pop over the lip? Also, it appears that the closest spot for the tire rubbing is where the rear bumper meets the fender. How does that area get pushed back or cleared?
Maybe those guys with rolled fenders can shed some light on this.

Thanks all!
Randy
Kinda late don't check this section to often. That point your referring to your going to have to shave unless you can adjust your height to go higher which I don't think anyone ever wants to do. I have a 11 out back with a 275 with my fenders rolled. I was rubbing at that same point. I used a dremel tool and cut the metal on the bottom of the quarter panel a little bit. That's the only way your going to stop that area from rubbing. Tape up your wheel well and drive on a couple dips and see exactly where your rubbing. I was rubbing the liner also.