5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/)
-   -   Preferred tire brands 535i (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/preferred-tire-brands-535i-142789/)

Yournamehere 08-16-2015 02:15 PM

Preferred tire brands 535i

I know this will be the type of question with no "right answer", but what brand of tires do you all prefer? I'm looking to buy a set for my 2008 535i with the sport package and staggered 245/40 and 275/35 18 inch sizes. It had the original (type) RFT tires up front and Sumitomo HTR ZIII on the back. I am happy with the grip from all 4 but can't comment on RFT vs non RFT as I haven't tried each separately. The car handles very well and accelerates quickly with very little wheelspin.

JWMich 08-16-2015 06:12 PM

I've been very happy with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Seasons on my daily driver 535i, use them three out of four seasons here in Michigan. Once they're done, I'm probably going to go for Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

If I were in Texas, though, I'd put on Michelin Pilot Super Sports so fast it would make your head spin, and I'd never look back. I swear, they are God's own street tire.

rice_rocket88 08-17-2015 07:22 AM

I put on the hankook v12's .. non runflats. Although if I was in Texas.. I would think I might go more aggressive? I have no idea of the road conditions, and the wet/rain. Also it's humorous to see people sliding around when you get those freak snow storms.

I went with hankook for the semi-all season characteristics of new england.. before I switch back to winter tires only for the winter. I don't want to be caught with my pants down when fall hits, or when torrential rain comes down.

I know a few people that have used the hankook for serious track days when they don't have their race tires handy and they said they handle quite well. I am with AWD so spinning doesn't really happen much unless I really hammer it and push it hard on the turns.

I got the set for around $750 for 19's and it was a good price. The michelins would have easily been more $$$ as well, which I'm still frugal when tires are so close in performance.

twh 08-17-2015 08:09 AM

Still like my Conti Extreme DWS.

andrewr 09-03-2015 07:11 PM

My fave brands of tire are Michelin, Nitto and Conti. Good quality, grip and wears well.

JayArras 09-04-2015 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Yournamehere (Post 1567638)
I know this will be the type of question with no "right answer", but what brand of tires do you all prefer? I'm looking to buy a set for my 2008 535i with the sport package and staggered 245/40 and 275/35 18 inch sizes. It had the original (type) RFT tires up front and Sumitomo HTR ZIII on the back. I am happy with the grip from all 4 but can't comment on RFT vs non RFT as I haven't tried each separately. The car handles very well and accelerates quickly with very little wheelspin.

You actually have different brands, types and tread patterns front to back? Not recommended!

You might get a better assessment if you go to a site like TireRack.com. There you can plug in your vehicle specs and read reviews and ratings from people who drive the way that you do that have purchased different brands. That way, you can also learn what your potential purchase will cost you, regardless if you buy from them or not.