5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/)
-   -   Help needed for '04 E60 rim and tyre choosing (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/help-needed-04-e60-rim-tyre-choosing-141387/)

bananfiu 03-14-2015 10:58 AM

Help needed for '04 E60 rim and tyre choosing

Hi guys!

I am pretty new here, and I would like to ask your advise. I have a stock 2004 BMW E60 530d, and I would like to change the rims.

I have picked these:

Will they fit my ride? If yes, should I buy 4 of these, or do I need different size for the rear and front 2-2? Same questions is going for the tyres.. Which should I pick, and what sizes?

I live in Hungary, and we have kind of bumpy roads. Will these rims+tyres rub?
Will these change driving security?

I hope you can help me guys, and sorry for the bad English!
Thank You!

JayArras 03-14-2015 11:09 AM

...Moving this to the Tire and Wheel forum...

You might find some answers to your questions here: Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit. The vendor should also be able to advise you on the correct sizes for their wheels. It's called a "staggered setup" when you have larger wheels in back than in front. It's purely an appearance thing. You don't have to do that.

Your English is just great! My Hungarian should be so good (nonexistent). :D

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

bananfiu 03-14-2015 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by jayarras (Post 1559149)
...Moving this to the Tire and Wheel forum...

You might find some answers to your questions here: Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit. The vendor should also be able to advise you on the correct sizes for their wheels. It's called a "staggered setup" when you have larger wheels in back than in front. It's purely an appearance thing. You don't have to do that.

Your English is just great! My Hungarian should be so good (nonexistent). :D

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

Thank you really much jayarras! :) I am going to check out that you have linked. And thanks for the greeting, I am glad that I have found this forum. B)

Anzafin 03-14-2015 01:19 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to tell you the wheels you linked won't work without spacers that push the wheels more out from the wheel arch. They would need hubcentric rings too, because the center bore seems to be 74.1mm.

The correct measures for the e60 (RWD) would be 8.5x20 and ET/Offset 20 or less. The correct center bore is 72.56mm.

- Antti -

bananfiu 03-14-2015 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Anzafin (Post 1559154)
Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to tell you the wheels you linked won't work without spacers that push the wheels more out from the wheel arch. They would need hubcentric rings too, because the center bore seems to be 74.1mm.

The correct measures for the e60 (RWD) would be 8.5x20 and ET/Offset 20 or less. The correct center bore is 72.56mm.

- Antti -

Thank you! Very useful info!!!