5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/)
-   -   E61 Rear Wheel fitment (https://5series.net/forums/tires-wheels-52/e61-rear-wheel-fitment-144869/)

D_Sport 05-10-2016 12:11 AM

E61 Rear Wheel fitment

1 Attachment(s)
I have owned a number of E60's but just bought my 1st E61 last week.

I am trying to fit my old wheels to the E61 but won't even get to the hub before fouling on the inner splash guard/wheel arch trim.

What are people doing to get around this? will removing the inner arch lining work?

My wheels are Rohana RC7's 11Jx20 on the rear and used to fit with no issues other than an arch (Fender) roll.

Attachment 152199

pocholin 05-10-2016 05:25 AM

Offsets between E60 and E61 are very different. Depending on how much is needed you might be able to use spacers (hubcentric spacers). There's a chance you won't be able to use them.

D_Sport 05-10-2016 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by pocholin (Post 1578299)
Offsets between E60 and E61 are very different. Depending on how much is needed you might be able to use spacers (hubcentric spacers). There's a chance you won't be able to use them.

Unfortunately spacers with the 11J wheel just won't work. I tried a 5mm but just wasn't enough. I think I would need about 15-20mm which would fix one issue but cause an issue on the other side :(

Alpine003 05-10-2016 12:14 PM

You're in the UK so do you have XI E61 model?

If your e60 was a rwd version then it wouldn't fit as offsets are different between both. Do you have SLS in the rear?

What's the offsets for your rear wheels?

D_Sport 05-10-2016 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Alpine003 (Post 1578314)
You're in the UK so do you have XI E61 model?

If your e60 was a rwd version then it wouldn't fit as offsets are different between both. Do you have SLS in the rear?

What's the offsets for your rear wheels?

Mines a rwd version, the XI isn't available here. Mine does have sls.

Also the wheels are about an et24 from memory.

ucsbwsr 05-19-2016 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by D_Sport (Post 1578316)
Mines a rwd version, the XI isn't available here. Mine does have sls.

Also the wheels are about an et24 from memory.

Firsts things first I would look up your offsets or measure them, it will allow us to help you more effectively. It pays to know exactly what the offsets are in the fitment game as it all comes down to millimeters.

I am unfamiliar with RWD E61 specs but if you can't even get a 20x11 et24? on then I assume your hubs are RWD/M5 spec as opposed to AWD. Assuming that is the case and assuming your offsets are ~et24 then you will need a >10mm spacer for inner clearance. Personally I would ditch the brake shields. For the inner liner there isn't much point to removing it as you will only gain maybe a couple millimeters of clearance, right behind the liner is the frame so it is best to not even mess with getting that close to it. I believe there is some negative camber and inner wheel travel at the very end of the suspension travel so the last thing you want have are your wheels break off as they slam against the chassis under a monster compression.

Continuing with the same assumptions as earlier you will need to roll and pull your fenders and trim the liners by the edge of the fender. Careful tire choice is needed to make it all come together and not rub. It looks like you are running thin tires with aggressive stretch so if you are using the same tires they should clear without rubbing assuming you roll, pull, trim enough. Be prepared for a harsh ride but I am sure you are used to it with your current setup on UK roads.

Evan