Tires & Wheels Ask all of your Tire & Wheel questions here!

anyone else running 275/35/19?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus you are going to register less mileage due to the larger tire.... something like 3 miles per hundred. Bonus but your speedo will be of
Old 03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
you should be fine thats what Im running...you replied to a thread about the eibach springs that I posted a pic in, thats with that tire size if you wat a pic for reference, although you wheels with a lip may look alot smaller because of the larger tires / lip...just my .02

Can you please post a picture of that setup.
I want to see those wheels and the car on those spring and that drop.

Thanks a lot
Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Dishoom
The tire shop mistakenly put 275/35/19 at the rear instead of the stock size of 275/30/19. After a week of driving around with the wrong size, I finally had the 30-series put on today, and I immediately noticed that the 35-series tires actually filled the wheel well much better. I didn't expect much of a difference but it seems that maybe BMW should've put 35-series to begin with. The 30-series actually seem like the wrong size and side wall (at least on the DWS) look bigger on the front than back. I'm not going to go back and tell them to put the 35-series back on, but wondering what other people have experienced from 35 vs 30-series at the rear. Any difference in handling or ride quality?
You actually had the benefit of running 35 and 30, did you notice more comfy/cushy on the 35's?

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Looks like the tire shop is smarter than many (lol)

I have gone over this with atleast 50 people now and I am not sure if I can type a whole lot but lets see.

This is what happens with a 35 series tire
1. The tire will fill the fender -- Ohh Yeah it is a HALF inch beefier on any side (Since its a circle, everywhere)
2. The car will feel more soft and the suspension would be much more glidy, WHY ?
Because by using the 35 series tire you raise your car to be higher at the back and lower at the front. So what this does is that it takes the weight away from the rear suspension and transfers it over to the front suspension.

Dont ask me how is that but think about it and it will sart making sense to you.

Car will encounter increased dive when braking etc etc etc

Lets look at the best part -- It runs a SMOOTH ride, with less tire noise and better wheel protection -- Thats something everyone should care about.

Bottom line
RUN 35 series on your rear, there are superb!!!!
I am begining to cross over to this camp of running plus sidewalls. In addition, I might be switching to the lightest 19's I can afford from 20's. I am day dreaming about less unsprung weight, at least 10 lbs per corner shaved and plus sidewalls. Wonder if this will pay off?
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

switching from a 30 to a 35 will bring a little bit of added softness but not much. anything 40 and under is going to have a harder feel. im coming from a toyota tundra with 6 inch side walls. i miss riding over 3 inch potholes or driving over curbs and not giving a shit. the littlest imperfection in the road now makes me hate driving and gets me stressed about the shitty roads
Old 03-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

I don't know about the ride comfort and/or handling, but have you guys checked placard of your E60s? Are 275/35/19 actually officially accepted as the rear size wheels?

If it is, then fantastic, I'll think about changing too... but if not, you guys should change back, because if you have an accident later, and the assessor finds out that you have tire dimensions that are not acceptable within the placard of your E60s, then your insurance claim will probably get refused.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
Can you please post a picture of that setup.
I want to see those wheels and the car on those spring and that drop.

Thanks a lot
I know I sent you these pics but Ill post them in the thread for others to see as well. This is 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear on stock 650i sport wheels, stock bridgestone potenza rfts as well on Eibach Pro-Kit..

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
switching from a 30 to a 35 will bring a little bit of added softness but not much. anything 40 and under is going to have a harder feel. im coming from a toyota tundra with 6 inch side walls. i miss riding over 3 inch potholes or driving over curbs and not giving a shit. the littlest imperfection in the road now makes me hate driving and gets me stressed about the shitty roads
yeah I know the feeling, well really times about 3 lol this is my other vehicle, VERY HARD switching back and forth between the two as far as driving, pot holes etc...

Old 03-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i CSR

Nice thread! Very helpful!
Old 03-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the way baggedivintegra tires/wheels and the drop from the springs look. They look really good and clean
Old 03-27-2011, 03:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535Xi Platinum Metalic Gray, Black Dakota Comfort pkg, Cold weather pkg.

I know I sent you these pics but Ill post them in the thread for others to see as well. This is 245/40/19 front and 275/35/19 rear on stock 650i sport wheels, stock bridgestone potenza rfts as well on Eibach Pro-Kit..

yeah I know the feeling, well really times about 3 lol this is my other vehicle, VERY HARD switching back and forth between the two as far as driving, pot holes etc...

So the 40 in front does not rub? I just ordered at set of 19's 8.5 front and 10 rear and will need to order tires soon I dont have the sport suspension.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Thanks bud, I appreciate the lightining response. I so want to do the Koni Shocks and the Eibach springs to drop my car 1 inch all over but just keep debating the pros and cons in my mind.

With the 40 profile tire in the front, my car gained half an inch height and with that height I rarely rub my front lip spoiler, reducing the height by 1 inch might make the rarely rub into frequently rub
Etc etc etc

Quick Reply: anyone else running 275/35/19?