Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

we should start a E60 Sub-Forum menu just like e90

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

We should start some thing like this and it will be much better to find ppl and thing in the area.

here is a eg from the e90 forum

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Old 11-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='728884' date='Nov 23 2008, 12:42 AM
We should start some thing like this and it will be much better to find ppl and thing in the area.

here is a eg from the e90 forum

http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19
I agree. M5Board has this as well and I always check it for regional meets and events.
Old 11-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='728892' date='Nov 22 2008, 11:48 PM
I agree. M5Board has this as well and I always check it for regional meets and events.
+1, it would certainly make it easier
Old 11-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

We have discussed the regional forums many times and will not set them up.

One of the things that make this community so special is the fact that we don't just talk to the locals. We have one great place where we all meet everyday.
Setting up the regional forums would ruin e60.net...

For meets we have a special forum allready...
And everything that has to do with our cars is a good info for everyone, so it shouldn't be in a local thread. But it definately would be!
And then think about the classifieds... People would want to post their stuff for local pick up in those... And if we don't create regional classifieds (DEFINATELY NOT!!!) then people would just post their stuff there and we would need to move the stuff to the classifieds... more work...

There are hundreds of reasons why this shouldn't be done on e60.net... and in every previous discussion we have come to the conclusion to NOT create regional forums.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='728980' date='Nov 23 2008, 10:17 AM

One of the things that make this community so special is the fact that we don't just talk to the locals. We have one great place where we all meet everyday.

And everything that has to do with our cars is a good info for everyone, so it shouldn't be in a local thread. But it definately would be!
And then think about the classifieds... People would want to post their stuff for local pick up in those... And if we don't create regional classifieds (DEFINATELY NOT!!!) then people would just post their stuff there and we would need to move the stuff to the classifieds... more work...

There are hundreds of reasons why this shouldn't be done on e60.net... and in every previous discussion we have come to the conclusion to NOT create regional forums.
I agree with Iceman. While in some respects it could be good, in other ways it could alienate people from the forum. At the moment it feels like just one big happy E60 family

There are already unofficial threads set up for various parts of the world, and certain communities, (which I think is a great idea), which is already being used, and seems to be working fine.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='728980' date='Nov 23 2008, 06:17 PM

right I get it now.
your right in many ways
so itis better to do a sub forum in the E60 Discussion
Old 11-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='728980' date='Nov 23 2008, 02:17 AM

totally agree
Old 11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

+1 for Iceman, I think I like it the way it is. I think e90 post has those regional forum because I think there is a massive number of 3 series owners that owns and modify their cars compare to 5 series owner. IMO
Old 11-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Senior Members

I agree, but now whats up with a 7 series section? Can we please get one?

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='728980' date='Nov 23 2008, 02:17 AM

Setting up the regional ........................

Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Sam@sleekmotoring' post='729662' date='Nov 24 2008, 02:35 PM
I agree, but now whats up with a 7 series section? Can we please get one?
why a 7 series section
this car should stay at Other BMW Models
just like the 1, 3, 7, x3, x5, x6 ,z4

Quick Reply: we should start a E60 Sub-Forum menu just like e90