Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Suggestion: financing for mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I have an idea for a type of service that this forum doesn't seem to provide yet.
Not sure if any of our vendors may want to get on this, but there's money to be made here IMHO

So my big idea: financing for mods. Not sure what can be used as collateral, but think about it - it would be so much easier to make purchases (and sales ) if there was a way to, say, pay for a set of wheels over the course of - for example - 4 paychecks. And on some custom wheels, like DPE or HRE, for example, it takes a while to get the wheels made anyway. Actually, that's kind of what gave me the idea - I thought that instead of dropping 2 g's on the vorsteiners, if I could throw those 2g's as a "downpayment" and then pay the remainder over the next month or two, it'd net me a waaaaaay better set of wheels without an extreme shock to my cashflow, or having to use credit cards.

Just a thought. Let me know if you may have a thought too. Or comment on my suggestion - whatever

Best,

Vlad
Old 03-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I think that would be REALLY annoying for the vendors at some point...and if people don't make their payments...what are they gonna do? Repo the wheels? That probably costs more than the down payment...lots of scams would follow...it would be a giant mess and/or cluster fvck.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:32 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Krozi
I think that would be REALLY annoying for the vendors at some point...and if people don't make their payments...what are they gonna do? Repo the wheels? That probably costs more than the down payment...lots of scams would follow...it would be a giant mess and/or cluster fvck.

There are wheel shops here in HK that offer installments over 1 yr or 2 yrs for wheels... there is an interest rate of like 6% or something, but for those who are tight on cash flow then it does work out for them...

However...if i cant afford it... then... i just gotta save and buy it next month!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by mark_hk
There are wheel shops here in HK that offer installments over 1 yr or 2 yrs for wheels... there is an interest rate of like 6% or something, but for those who are tight on cash flow then it does work out for them...

However...if i cant afford it... then... i just gotta save and buy it next month!!!
There are wheel shop here in the US that do the same thing. Rent-a-wheel and EZ-tire are 2 that I have heard of, although I don;t think I'd ever use them because it quickly turns a $2K set of wheels and tires into a $4 or 5K set. Americans have way too much debt as it is, save up and get what you want. It's easier and no interest
Old 03-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

John, believe the saying is, don't spend money before you have it....
Old 03-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
John, believe the saying is, don't spend money before you have it....
So true Marc, so true.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
So true Marc, so true.
Ive heard another saying...."Buy now, worry later" ha ha!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mark_hk
Ive heard another saying...."Buy now, worry later" ha ha!
Yeah, but that should be amended: "Buy now, worry later, declare bankruptcy, lose job, wife, family,and home in just a efw easy steps"
Old 03-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Yeah, but that should be amended: "Buy now, worry later, declare bankruptcy, lose job, wife, family,and home in just a efw easy steps"
Since we're on sayings... here's a good one..

Drink is the curse of the working class.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

You can thank Karl Marx and Oscar Wilde for that...sorry for the thread jack..carry on.