Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Sorry to See All the Nastiness

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 04:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends (Oops "Too" not "To" in Title):

I want to put what I am going to say in perspective by relating my behavioral bads. I have been involved in one bout on the discussions where I replied to another with sarcasm--not too bad, but still sarcasm. I did so in the context of telling someone to quit picking at my posts. I was fed up, but that is not an excuse. I am the only one responsible for my sarcasm. Afterwards, I was harrassed. In this regard, every time I was harassed I stuck the harasser a bit with a needle, but never really debated, argued, etc. Eventually, I ask the mods to handle the situation using the post-report procedure, and they did. I also replied to another sacrcastically once.

I was harassed by one who came and went very quickly. I quit replying to the him very early on, having said nothing I regretted, as I soon realized that he was here to cause trouble specifically with me. Again, I asked the mods to handle the situation via the report-post mechanism, and they did. Both of my harassers now are gone.

Having acknowledged my bads, I want to mention that I hate too see the disrespect for others and their opinions, the impoliteness, and the flaming that currently is occurring on our forums. I have a suggestion which is based on my experiences. If someone says something offensive to you, then please report the post, and please do not reply in like kind. Once one of us replies in like kind, then we too are being disrespectful, impolite, or incindiary. In this regard, once one replies in like kind, then, personally, I can't distinquish the attacker from the one attacked except on the basis of who fired the first shot. In my opinion, at this point, neither are doing anything but bringing our forums down to a lower level.

I did not see misbehavior of the severity I now am seeing when I arrived here. I wish it would go away. I think that following my suggestions will make it go away.

Finally, please consider the idea that being attacked is not justification of retaliating. If one does so, then it is not the attacker's fault. Each of us is completely responsible for our own comments.

Thanks for listening and considering. Best to all,

Znod
Old 03-11-2006, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: –

I completely agree with you Znod. Nicely put
Old 03-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Fin535dA' post='253262' date='Mar 11 2006, 11:26 AM
I completely agree with you Znod. Nicely put
Thank you Fin.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d se auto. black sapphire, 17" 5 spoke 138 style alloys. dark poplar trim, charcoal flat weave cloth, bluetooth phone prep, dimming rear view and side mirrors, lumbar support, heated front deats, phone cradle

Originally Posted by Znod' post='253215' date='Mar 11 2006, 01:52 PM
Hi Friends (Oops Too not To in Title):

I want to put what I am going to say in perspective by relating my behavioral bads. I have been involved in one bout on the discussions where I replied to another with sarcasm--not too bad, but still sarcasm. I did so in the context of telling someone to quit picking at my posts. I was fed up, but that is not an excuse. I am the only one responsible for my sarcasm. Afterwards, I was harrassed. In this regard, every time I was harassed I stuck the harasser a bit with a needle, but never really debated, argued, etc. Eventually, I ask the mods to handle the situation using the post-report procedure, and they did. I also replied to another sacrcastically once.

I was harassed by one who came and went very quickly. I quit replying to the him very early on, having said nothing I regretted, as I soon realized that he was here to cause trouble specifically with me. Again, I asked the mods to handle the situation via the report-post mechanism, and they did. Both of my harassers now are gone.

Having acknowledged my bads, I want to mention that I hate too see the disrespect for others and their opinions, the impoliteness, and the flaming that currently is occurring on our forums. I have a suggestion which is based on my experiences. If someone says something offensive to you, then please report the post, and please do not reply in like kind. Once one of us replies in like kind, then we too are being disrespectful, impolite, or incindiary. In this regard, once one replies in like kind, then, personally, I can't distinquish the attacker from the one attacked except on the basis of who fired the first shot. In my opinion, at this point, neither are doing anything but bringing our forums down to a lower level.

I did not see misbehavior of the severity I now am seeing when I arrived here. I wish it would go away. I think that following my suggestions will make it go away.

Finally, please consider the idea that being attacked is not justification of retaliating. If one does so, then it is not the attacker's fault. Each of us is completely responsible for our own comments.

Thanks for listening and considering. Best to all,

Znod
Well said, and I agree also.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 525dse' post='253283' date='Mar 11 2006, 12:03 PM
Well said, and I agree also.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to find the forum attitude going down rapidly....... not to pick any names but I think we all know since when mostly....

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&showtop...ndpost&p=241706

maybe now finaly some measures will be taken....
Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 AM
MAK
Members

Yep! I am also of the opinion there is a disruptive element creeping in to our great Forum but it is up to all of us not to rise to the bait and they will soon get the message and go elsewhere for their kicks. The vast majority here are of the same mind which is about sharing our experiences with a great car and tapping the wealth of information amongst our members. There is nothing wrong with a bit of humour now and again but it should not become so personal as to be offensive which I am afraid is becoming more common here.
Regards to all
Old 03-11-2006, 11:10 AM
IMU
Contributors

100% agree with you Znod
Old 03-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

we all see it as saw Don and Peter. I was angry for both situations when they were offended...

Znod is sharing his data that I as have diesel cannot really use for myself, but I read through all his posts on G-metering, I learned a lot from the DON Thx man really happy that admin did not buy that cheap harrasment. I am sure soon we will be on the right track as I made many friendships, some PM some also meets some a lot some fewer but to me this is my 2nd (3rd) family so PEACE guys! KEEP IT THAT WAY!

PS. they also blamed me for a lot of diff. reasons, but I just did not give ******* to that!!! did not buy it.

*=atttention
Old 03-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Completely agree Znod

This forum should be a place for informative and lively debate. But I'm bored by pointless arguments about who knows most about what.....that after a while descend into schoolboy insults.

Not wishing to tamper with free speech I have started a new thread just for this nonsence which everyone else can ignore.

Quick Reply: Sorry to See All the Nastiness