Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Site & Forums Acquired by Internet Brands

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 12:20 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Hi Tony,

That is about the only change which we foresee making in the short term. Our account management team will reach out to those members who are creating threads in the vendor section, and we'll hopefully bring them all onboard with us through the transition.

I'm not certain of the time frame, most of us will only be seeing the site for the first time today.

cheers,
robb
Thanks for the quick reply Robb. Hope everything goes smoothly with the transition and we retain the relationship of most of the vendors as some of them started out as members here and grew a business with the support of the forum and contributed greatly to helping out other members.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Dave and Mark, thanks for all you effort in getting this site up and growing into the forum it is today! Along with the excellent moderators, this is the the best forum I have found out there...

Looking forward to the meeting the Internet Brands folks.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Thanks for the quick reply Robb. Hope everything goes smoothly with the transition and we retain the relationship of most of the vendors as some of them started out as members here and grew a business with the support of the forum and contributed greatly to helping out other members.
Thanks for the information. We will do our absolute best to work with all existing vendors so as to keep them onboard. I can't promise everyone will remain, but we will certainly try.

cheers,
robb
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Mark - good luck with the wife and the (soon to be) family, all the best
Mark and Dave - thanks for putting together this forum, it is without a doubt the best out there
Rudy and Iceman - so glad you 2 will still be here to keep an eye on things, you guys do a great job

IB - welcome to our humble little forum
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

My thanks too to Mark, Das, Rudy and Andre. You guys rock and you all made a fantastic contribution to making this place what it is.

I will say that one of the things I most enjoyed about E60.net and then 5Series.net was that it was a site for enthusiasts run and moderated by enthusiasts. While I fully understand the reasons for the transition, I do hope that under Internet Brands we can keep that sense of community.

Anyway - thanks again guys. I really appreciate everything you guys do.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

My list of those I would like banned will be posted shortly. EuroCarFan is high on that list.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
Old 10-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
My list of those I would like banned will be posted shortly. EuroCarFan is high on that list.

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)
I think you meant EuroCarHam.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by swajames
one of the things I most enjoyed about E60.net and then 5Series.net was that it was a site for enthusiasts run and moderated by enthusiasts. While I fully understand the reasons for the transition, I do hope that under Internet Brands we can keep that sense of community.
I think we can keep it as is, as IB is not changing moderators.
They only added two admins but Rudy and myself will be here as your moderators. So, IB doesn't want a drastic change as this could harm the community.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Iceman
I think we can keep it as is, as IB is not changing moderators.
They only added two admins but Rudy and myself will be here as your moderators. So, IB doesn't want a drastic change as this could harm the community.
We're also both car guys. I've had something like 23, or 24 of them so far

Iceman is correct, we won't be adding ourselves into the mix, we're just here as support, and to enable what we can from our positions.

cheers,
robb
Old 10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol
Dave and Mark, thanks for all you effort in getting this site up and growing into the forum it is today! Along with the excellent moderators, this is the the best forum I hvae found out there...

Looking forward to the meeting the Internet Brands folks.
This

Originally Posted by swajames
My thanks too to Mark, Das, Rudy and Andre. You guys rock and you all made a fantastic contribution to making this place what it is.

I will say that one of the things I most enjoyed about E60.net and then 5Series.net was that it was a site for enthusiasts run and moderated by enthusiasts. While I fully understand the reasons for the transition, I do hope that under Internet Brands we can keep that sense of community.

Anyway - thanks again guys. I really appreciate everything you guys do.
And This....

Quick Reply: Site & Forums Acquired by Internet Brands