Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Regional Section

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535XI

I want a regional section created so it will be easier to answer and discuss questions and concerns on a more local intimate level.

Por Example, e90post....
Old 03-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I think it would be a nightmare to control , every region would want their own separate section.The beauty of this Forum is we ALL share/learn together. The BMW brand is global and thus ,I believe, this Forum should be as well. While many of these cars are similar around the world it amazes me how many regional differences there are .I know that this issue was raised earlier last year that one member wanted a country specific section and it was severly panned , probably more for his inapproriate criticism and suggestion that other countries did'nt matter because his country was "more important" in the context of Global sales volume ................... I think this site is great as is. For more "local content" I think it's up to members to organize local meets etc............ just my $.02
Old 03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

I agree with West's comments above.

Another reason for not having a regional section is that many of them may not have many members (eg in Canada, only BC and Ontario probably have enough) and a Canada total section wouldn't be that meaningful.

I think it's good as is but I'm a relative newbie here.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 535XI

i was under the impression that the admin just had to open up the section and all canadian members could talk about local issues and experiences

i am not familiar with the inner workings of a forum, so i do not have the knowledge to determine the difficulty

however, i still stand by this issue as most threads are catered to non-canadian topics

i found a forum purely canadian bmw....but it is too new to be of any help

http://www.bmwocanada.com/

also, i find e90post very informative,

i found the most info regarding canadian orders on that site........

and nearly all other bimmer forums have a regional section, there must be something to that....
Old 03-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The reason you don't find much "Canadian" info here is probably, that there are not that many Canadian members...!?

Creating local subforums would take apart this community.

And I doubt there are so many issues that are Canadian only.