Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Photo/Media Section...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Just curious to see if a photo/media section/sub-forum is a good idea/possibility. Seems most members tend to post pics in either the discussion sub-forum or the parts, mods, accessories sub-forum. Sometimes photo threads in those sections can get lost in the shuffle and/or photo threads there add to that collection of threads in that sub-forum, making it harder to navigate thru. I think it would be a nice section for members to post pics of their cars, meets, trips, etc...

I know we have a member gallery section, but sometimes that just doesn't fit accordingly. Also uploading pics to the site can sometimes can take time, most members seem to load their pics onto a separate photo hosting site then just link the image into a thread anyway.....
Old 10-11-2010, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I highly doubt such a section would stop members from posting their pics all over the forums where ever they want.

I also see a problem for many people with those pics, because the loading of a page can take forever, depending on the internet speed. And while it loads you can't even read, because the page jumps while the pics load.

But, we do have the gallery.
Everybody can and SHOULD post his pics there. You can then link them. Post what you want to say and link to the gallery pics, so everyone that wants to see the pics can decide to click on it and have the site loading...
When you say uploading can take some time you are correct, but this is not a problem of our forum, it depends on the users internet speed! Therefore, he would have the exact same issues on another site too!
They more likely use photo hosting sites because they want to have the pics shown on differnet places/forums. And pictures you post into our forum and/or gallery can't be seen on other sites.

I really don't think we need a designated forum for pics only. The galery works just fine, if everybody would just understand what it can be used for.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

next time just say "denied" Iceman
Old 10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Im with Gene on this one, im a big fan of E90post photo/media subforum.