Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

New Section

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Great idea.

I have a feedback of +3 for me already
Old 06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='606044' date='Jun 19 2008, 02:32 PM
In case of Tony it would have been all positive, since he allways managed to talk his customers into giving positive feedbacks...

tru, but as you stated in another thread, a polite request to not edit posts after the fact would be a nice suggestion....
Old 06-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

This is a great idea! , all of a sudden everyone is jumping onto the commercial seller side , let's hope they have the acumen to run a business properly so we don't end up with 5 or 6 Quad Ms here........... I've already seen a few "jabs" from the new sellers and their buyer to suggest we have a few problems in the making !!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Alpine white

good idea
Old 06-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

It seems like everyone likes the idea. I've noticed more and more sellers coming into the forums. Occasionally a few email me asking for sponsorship plans or if they are even allowed to sell their items here and I always say that it's OK to sell your products as long as it's in the Classifieds sub-forum, and only there, without flooding it or causing trouble to other sellers. A kind of mini-rating forum one could search for feedback on a seller before making a purchase would be nice. I have no idea the volume of products being sold here. I always assumed not very much but I think my assumptions are wrong after reading some of the drama going on there. So, a sub-forum of Classifieds called _________? "Buyer & Seller Feedback" or?
Old 06-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='606977' date='Jun 20 2008, 07:09 PM
It seems like everyone likes the idea. I've noticed more and more sellers coming into the forums. Occasionally a few email me asking for sponsorship plans or if they are even allowed to sell their items here and I always say that it's OK to sell your products as long as it's in the Classifieds sub-forum, and only there, without flooding it or causing trouble to other sellers. A kind of mini-rating forum one could search for feedback on a seller before making a purchase would be nice. I have no idea the volume of products being sold here. I always assumed not very much but I think my assumptions are wrong after reading some of the drama going on there. So, a sub-forum of Classifieds called _________? "Buyer & Seller Feedback" or?
Lomag,

I wonder if we could somehow encourage the use of the built-in member rating system that the board software already has? On each member's profile page, other users can rate a member by selecting a number of stars. Also, I've seen other boards where there was a more sophisticated rating system for users (where the rating appeared on each post by a user) but I can't remember if it was on IPB or not. Are you aware of any additional feature that IPB has to allow something like this?

Maybe a combination of the star rating and a sub-forum would be a good idea -- the sub-forum could be a place for specific comments on specific sellers, etc.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='607204' date='Jun 21 2008, 10:12 AM
Lomag,

Maybe a combination of the star rating and a sub-forum would be a good idea -- the sub-forum could be a place for specific comments on specific sellers, etc.
+1

I think a comment section would be sufficient. This will give members a forum to discuss their experiences with fellow members in regards to private sales or sales from vendors.

Thank you for your considering this suggestion.

Mike