Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

New Format

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Okay, I'm ready for some Dewars too...

It seems that our friend sixcard has discovered something that is, in fact, different than the prior version of the software. If you're using the "view new content" function, both the thread title or the little orange box does take you straight to the first new post instead of the more expected behavior that Lomag described above.

If you go straight to a forum (without using "view new...", then it works as expected. Don't know if this is a bug or a feature and maybe, just maybe, it's something that can be adjusted via some global admin setting.

That said, I have to admit that I don't really care if this is ever fixed because I always use the orange box to go to the first new post. If I have to scroll back, I will but 99.9% of the time, I don't want to scroll back...
Old 01-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Ahhhh that makes sense! Good detective work! I was only checking via the forums directly and not View New Content since I rarely use that feature. But after all, it is called "View New Content" so displaying only new content makes sense!
Old 01-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Good. I will begin using the little orange box to open a thread. I never used it because I didn't know what it was for.

Thank you all! Thank you Dewars.

sixcard
Old 01-29-2010, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lomag
Ahhhh that makes sense! Good detective work! I was only checking via the forums directly and not View New Content since I rarely use that feature. But after all, it is called "View New Content" so displaying only new content makes sense!
Same here.

Yep, it does make sense this way.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

One more thing about this View New Content feature - which BTW I use all the time.

When I am in PMs writing to someone and then I click View New Content - Why does this forum think I suddenly want to see a list of New members who have registered instead of showing me a list of threads.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
One more thing about this View New Content feature - which BTW I use all the time.

When I am in PMs writing to someone and then I click View New Content - Why does this forum think I suddenly want to see a list of New members who have registered instead of showing me a list of threads.
Seems you have discovered a bug.

I just tried it and it's the same for me...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think it's a bug, I think it's a "feature"...

Notice the main tabs across the top of most pages indicating things like:
"Forums" "Members" "Calendar" "Gallery" (etc.)

The view new content feature (formerly known as "view new posts") has been expanded to allow you to see what's new in whatever current main tab is selected. When you're in the PM module, it defaults to the "Members" tab since you are essentially messaging other members.

Hitting "view new content" while on the PM screen will show you the new members. You'll see the same results if you hit view new while on your profile page, etc.

The good news is you only have to hit view new content once...if you end up getting a list of members, just click a different tab and you'll instantly see the new content under that tab...

Get it?
Old 02-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^either in pm function or from your profile page, if you click "view new content" it will take you to the recent new member list...

But I do think from the main forum page I've actually been pushed to the members rather the forums new content section once or twice...could be wrong tho
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
^either in pm function or from your profile page, if you click "view new content" it will take you to the recent new member list...
And exactly what part of:

Originally Posted by Rudy
Hitting "view new content" while on the PM screen will show you the new members. You'll see the same results if you hit view new while on your profile page, etc.
Did you not understand?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Rudy
And exactly what part of:

Did you not understand?
I only "skim" your posts now

Quick Reply: New Format