Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

new e60 discussion forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am neither miserable nor frustrated, fred

and if my comments, of which i have as much freedom to make as you do with your -----edited response, are whinging, well, so be it...

the fact of the matter is that i do not want to spend my time with people like you

no offense but we are different
and if you like pictures of 100 peoples 100 cars, well, good for you.
or sexist discussions wrt the gender of the car
go ahead

i don't want that
so why would you need to force that on me?

------edited
Old 08-16-2004, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Ok, now I came back to visit this topic for Dave's response... And I find out that you (skidster) are taking it to a personal level, AND I DON'T WANT THAT ! :thumbsdown:

NOBODY FORCES YOU TO READ ALL THREADS !

Now I'm definately outta here...
Old 08-16-2004, 05:27 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Folks, let's not have personal attacks on one another. People are free to make suggestions here, and others are free to disagree. Ironically, his thread is degenerating into the exact kind of thing we all don't want to see.

The pictures issue will be addressed soon, as we've said. But all relevant, on-topic discussion related to E60 is welcome in the main E60 forum. This may include some off-the-wall topics others aren't interested in. We're all here to discuss E60, so let's try to keep it relatively cordial, ok? Don't make *this thread* the first one that gets locked.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:28 AM
Senior Members

iceman

read what flowerfred said to me
and then tell me again how it is me who made it personal.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:32 AM
Contributors

Sorry, not tempted..

Enjoy your stay on this wonderful board..

Old 08-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Senior Members

As is appropriate, i have edited anything that could be construed as personal from my message, above

as for saying that we are different or that i do not want to spend time with people like him, well, that sticks and is NOT personal... it is a fact. i am quite certain he does not want to spend time with me (or people like me)

fred, your comments to me, the original ones above this point in the thread, were personal and insulting. as of this writing you've done nothing to respond to me directly.

and now act as though i was baiting you?
please
Old 08-16-2004, 06:23 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Dedicated forums would be helpful however we just changed the forum categories around less than a month ago and are still trying to get everyone used to the new layout.

I see the Lounge is generally being used more and more, with the main e60 forum clear of lounge type posts.

There's a DIY section for more technical discussion but that's still dead as the car is new and no one's really done anything major to speak of.

It would be good to have a technical section however there would be very little if any activity there judging by the dead DIY section and very few technical posts in the main e60 forum.

In time, in time...
Old 08-16-2004, 07:06 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by skidster' date='Aug 16 2004, 08:20 AM
no offense but we are different
and if you like pictures of 100 peoples 100 cars, well, good for you.
or sexist discussions wrt the gender of the car
go ahead
skidster, while the pictures may seem repetitive, I see them as serving a good purpose. Look at the pictures as though they are a calling card. For many, it has been an opportunity to be welcomed into the forum. For others it has been an opportunity to get confirmation and sometimes honest appraisal for their choices of mods. It is also a form of verification that somebody actually owns one of these cars.

But most of all, through the pictures, the forum becomes a more cohesive group with a good attitude towards helping their fellow enthusiasts and sharing their likes and dislikes.

If BMW keeps the E60 line for seven years as it did with the E39, there will always be repetitive information posted. There will always be new people coming aboard asking old questions. I don't think it matters whether we have one forum or ten, that is the way it will be over time.

I like what we have here.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

When I first joined the board, most of us were following each other's new orders, lists of options, debates about options and just generally cheering each other on until "the day" when a new owner took out his new 'ride" for its first ride.

Now that many of the members have read so many of those type of posts, I understand where they're coming from when a statement is made to the effect "I'm tired of all that". My answer is, just don't click on that topic if you don't care to read it.

That being said, Hey! the more recent owners need a great place to share their glee and joy of that first ride just like we did. This board is the best thing to come along and anyone who is trying to discourage posts like that should go else where.

That being said (nice phrase), as the board grows, I would suggest a "pre-ownership/new owner forum" be set up where all the questions/comments about "what options should I order", "only 39 more days 'till it arrives", "can someone post a pic of mystic blue with tint", etc. be posted.

This forum could be set up on a test basis (say 3-6 months) and then a decision about keeping it be made. As the E60 moves into its second and third model year, the long term usage a forum of this type may change.

Just my .03.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I think it is fair that skidster aks for separate forums maybe the way of asking isn't the way others would do it (I also felt offended).. but hey, that's personal and if someone is not happy with the way things are going I understand them posting it.

It would be nice if people who react to someone with such a question would keep it polite and response to it without getting personal. We are doing great the way it is without trolls ruining it for others and the reason is the moderators + us keeping it polite with each other. I think if the forum grows bigger and bigger I can understand that certain posts will be moved in a showroom section or to the DIY.

Iceman is right about reading the topic and then deciding if it suits you or not. I've also found it strange that there is a separate thread with a 1000 posts for a certain country. They seem to deal with the same problems as we do but if they want to keep it in one thread then that is the way it is and I wil not read it if I find it irritating.

Let's just keep it friendly somebody who posted 200+ posts is valuable for this board and it would a shame if skidster wouldn't visit us anymore because of this thread.

Quick Reply: new e60 discussion forum?