Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

new e60 discussion forum?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all respect to all..#
but, MR Lomag, sir...

could we please split the forum into two?

i was thinking that one spot for "oh help me i can't wait until it gets here" and "oh boy it is at the dealer" and "oh boy i have it" and "oh boyoboy here are some photos" and "oboyoboy here are some more photos" and "goshdarn it here she is with a spoiler photos" and "no it is a he not a she" and "beige leather is prettier than grey cloth" discussions
and
the other for technical or functional discussions

i love this forum - it is very useful... but as time goes by i promise it will end up like roadfly because irritated people tend to be far less polite
and i can't believe that i am the only one fed up with yet another picture of yet another e60... yes, it is lovely and yes of course you are proud of it and no, in fact, that exact combo of options, wheels and colour has not been posted yet
but
it is not really necessary to post a picture

i can walk down my street and see mine and two others, within 500 feet of my house....

rant finished,
but
can we have two forums here?

and, while i am at it, if you KNOW it is offtopic, well, why bother posting it since it is offtopic? there are a million and three forums on the net -- certainly, somewhere, you can find the place where it is ontopic.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

....take it easy mate !!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

With all respect...
Skidster, Sir...
First off all... it has to be: SIR, Mr. Lomag, SIR... since he is the admin...

I don't think we need two forums since there will be a gallery where members can post pics of their babys soon, AFAIK...
that would take away some of the pics that bother you...

And every topic has a title/description... I suggest you only read topics you are interested in...
Old 08-16-2004, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

if you are to assume that we all must change to meet what others want...
is it not then just as easy to change to meet what i want??

and yes i know well that if i don't like it then i can leave

the only trouble with that is that it another good resource goes south just because everyone wants to be common
everyone wants bling

why don't you paint the car to match the bmw logo and leave the delivery stickers on the windows (like the Gulf folk do)
Old 08-16-2004, 05:05 AM
Contributors

Can I suggest two forums aswell please?

One for happy people, one for miserable whining frustrated characters.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:06 AM
Contributors

Oh wait, there already is a Roadfly board..
Old 08-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Now this discussion is leading into RF territory...

I am out of this thread...
Old 08-16-2004, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

The forums is good as is at the moment, however as the membership grows, creating separate forums within the E60 forum is not such a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:13 AM
Contributors

Amazing how the tone seems to alter the message, isn't it?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:16 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 16 2004, 07:05 AM
Can I suggest two forums aswell please?

One for happy people, one for miserable whining frustrated characters.
Unfortunately, that's not the way forums work...as more people join here, there will be more problems to discuss and more complaints about various things. This is true of any forum about any topic. We're not going to censor or boot people unless they're really being rude, trolling, obscene, etc., but part of this board's purpose is for people to talk about the good, the bad, the ugly.

That said, we're always looking for ways to make the forum *better*. Note this doesn't mean splitting things into "good" comments and "bad" comments. What's "bad" to one person might be incredibly useful to another. Even though you have to register to post comments, the relative anonymity of the internet still turns some people into raging idiots. If a split or any expansion of any forum is justified, rest assured it will be done.

Once the new version of the forum software is installed, which will be Real Soon Now (as soon as the vendor releases it), we will encourage (and move) picture posting to perhaps a gallery or other specific location, to get it out of the main E60 discussion forum. But as long as it's relevant, anything related to E60 is fair game in the main forum. Frankly, I haven't seen any real problems. There have been very few, and they've all been dealt with. If the same people consistently and constantly generate negative posts with no end in sight, and it becomes detrimental to the board, we'll take care of it. But this is a place for all people interested in E60 to share their information, experiences, questions, gripes, discoveries, etc.

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Aug 16 2004, 07:11 AM
The forums is good as is at the moment, however as the membership grows, creating separate forums within the E60 forum is not such a bad idea.

Just my 2 cents.
We'll definitely keep an eye on this as time goes on.

I should also note that as time goes on, and the forum continues to grow, we may need to tap some of our helpful and loyal subscribers as moderators. I can't say when this might happen, so don't bother asking. But Lomag and I realize that there are a lot of people who visit the board a lot more than either of us, who do a very good job of helping others on the board, and would potentially serve as good moderators. So stay tuned.

Quick Reply: new e60 discussion forum?