Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

My Performance thread I created was removed

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Okay, I can see that the Mods are aware of this thread else they wouldn't have moved it to the correct forum. I purposely created this thread in the Main forum as so others can see what has transpired.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Please someone give me a CLEAR definition of what I have to write about performance to keep it in the Main forum. I guess doing solo launches from a dig will constitute as a thread worthy of belonging in the Main forum whereas launches (dig or roll) in a group setting would be classified as a Meet and Greet eventhough both are about performance.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

What has happened is, I contacted Lomag.

Lomag actually agreed that it should be moved, but since it was a controversial thread and nobody else than you and me posted in it so far, he just removed the entire thread.

Again:
Before I move stuff I think about it. I allways ask myself, where would I search for this kind of info if I were a newbie and just got here to the forum.
Performance... Well, performance is a wide spread thing. In this case it is about the competition. It is about how the E60 is vs. another car, a competitor.

This is not a performance thread about two E60's racing each other. Not a simple performance of the E60 itself. And when another car, a competitor, is involved, it should be in the competition forum, since this is where you would search for it if you come here and look for infos.
In the main forum we have other threads allready, such as the one from Znod. E60's against each other... Main forum.

Sorry if you are offended by it. I am just trying to have a clean forum and equal rights for all threads and members. If I leave this one in the main forum, where will we end?

I don't have a problem with the thread or you, it is just that I try to keep this forum clean and easy to use.

In other forums I see even more stuff that gets moved and could have been left... And in those forums they don't even leave the "ghost" in the main forum.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hey vegas,

I removed that thread. It belonged in the Competition forum based on what you initially wrote however the thread turned into an argument between you and Iceman which didn't have to be done publicly. Since the thread didn't contain anything but that argument I decided to remove it.

As for threads being moved, it happens daily and everyone accepts it and moves on. It's really up to the discretion of the Admins and the Moderators. The competition forum was created to be the home of threads which compare the E60 to other cars, not only in terms of performance but any other aspect too. Therefore, any E60 vs. XYZ Car threads will be moved there.

We're not here to create conflict, just to run an orderly community.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='358926' date='Nov 21 2006, 09:08 PM
Please someone give me a CLEAR definition of what I have to write about performance to keep it in the Main forum. I guess doing solo launches from a dig will constitute as a thread worthy of belonging in the Main forum whereas launches (dig or roll) in a group setting would be classified as a Meet and Greet eventhough both are about performance.
Meet & Greet is when people meet.
Launch meets, well... Both. Meet & Greet and Main forum. It depends on the content more than the title.
If the content is really about the launches, times, performance, then it should better stay in the main forum, but the title should be corrected, so that people don't think this is about a meet, it is more about performance.
Performance is something for the main forum, but if it is performance against a competitor, it should be in the competition forum. If there are ten E60's and one Lexus, it will stay in the main forum, unless it is ten different E60's that are beeing tested against the Lexus to see how the Lexus is perfoming. If it's about ten different E60's against each other and there is one competitor involved, but the competitor is not the main reason for the meet, it will most likely stay in the main forum...

So, it is pretty tough, but mostly about the content of the thread and not just the title, since by the title only it could be in more than one forum...

As I said earlier:

Where would somebody else (a newbie in example) would search for this specific kind of infoprmation?
That's where it belongs to.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Just curious, but after this gets cleared up, are you going to be removing this thread too?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='358930' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:22 PM
Hey vegas,

I removed that thread. It belonged in the Competition forum based on what you initially wrote however the thread turned into an argument between you and Iceman which didn't have to be done publicly. Since the thread didn't contain anything but that argument I decided to remove it.

As for threads being moved, it happens daily and everyone accepts it and moves on. It's really up to the discretion of the Admins and the Moderators. The competition forum was created to be the home of threads which compare the E60 to other cars, not only in terms of performance but any other aspect too. Therefore, any E60 vs. XYZ Car threads will be moved there.

We're not here to create conflict, just to run an orderly community.
Ah, but you see it was not an argument. Merely, a debate. I don't believe debates that occurr such as that took place between Iceman and myself should be removed. There have been threads with vulgar language and name calling that I have seen in the past which were not removed. To have removed mine was not the right thing to do. As an aside, did you know that some people have told me privately that they no longer post here b/c they find that most of the content here to be boring? Have you noticed some people who use to post frequently no longer do? Think about it for a moment and why they stopped. By removing my thread you have somewhat contributed to them staying away. As I was just typing, I was PM'ed by someone how boring the forum is. There is no doubt we are losing some of the audience.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i, Black Sapphire, SMG, M-Aerokit, Sports Package, Comfort Access, Logic 7,

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='358978' date='Nov 21 2006, 02:06 PM
Ah, but you see it was not an argument. Merely, a debate. I don't believe debates that occurr such as that took place between Iceman and myself should be removed. There have been threads with vulgar language and name calling that I have seen in the past which were not removed. To have removed mine was not the right thing to do. As an aside, did you know that some people have told me privately that they no longer post here b/c they find that most of the content here to be boring? Have you noticed some people who use to post frequently no longer do? Think about it for a moment and why they stopped. By removing my thread you have somewhat contributed to them staying away. As I was just typing, I was PM'ed by someone how boring the forum is. There is no doubt we are losing some of the audience.
It has been a little boring these days..
Old 11-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I have to agree that was a good post and it shouldnt have been removed... AT MOST... the debate content can be removed and leave the main 1st post that has the competition content.

Our cars are getting old. Topics are getting borring. We need to have more variety of topics to keep the board moving untill the facelift comes out or something.

And as for all these arguments of where to search... BOTH. The search engine searches ALL sections. If a newbie cannot handle to first search all the sections and then if they dont see what they want narrow the search to each individual section... it is not that hard to do.

It's a "General" section... one HAS to, newbie or not, search the general section first then narrow down the searches to sections. I would clearly see why it needs to be moved if VT posted it in the For sale section or some other odd ball section but for this type of topic that can go either way let the user decide... let the user make their own judgement. Thats why this is a community forum. Well at least I hope it is and not only a "Mod and Admin forum"
Old 11-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='358987' date='Nov 21 2006, 11:24 PM
And as for all these arguments of where to search... BOTH. The search engine searches ALL sections. If a newbie cannot handle to first search all the sections and then if they dont see what they want narrow the search to each individual section... it is not that hard to do.

let the user make their own judgement. Thats why this is a community forum. Well at least I hope it is and not only a "Mod and Admin forum"
OK, so why don't we close all subforums and leave only the main one?

Seriously?

We had this discussions in the past, and we had the mess in the past.

It kept people away! People stopped posting and reading because there was a mess and everybody posted where he wanted, not where it was appropriate.

It IS a comm?nity! But as in all communitys someone has to clean up some things.

Quick Reply: My Performance thread I created was removed