Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Member posts/topics..

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

before today's "upgrade"/recent changes one was able to search a members post via going to their profile and clicking the appropriate tab (under the member profile pic: posts or topics. The link would take show ALL posts and topics by the member. Now there is a 'Find My Content" option, but that link only shows posts, not topics started. Anyway to bring back the original options for both posts and threads started by the member on their profile page ?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Maybe. There's a few things I need to iron out as with any change by tomorrow. I'm waiting for the IPB folks to answer my ticket made earlier.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Lomag
Maybe. There's a few things I need to iron out as with any change by tomorrow. I'm waiting for the IPB folks to answer my ticket made earlier.
thanx Mark, it's just makes it easier sometimes to find topics posts, I know there is that function in the advanced search section, but still a nice option to have from the member profile page as well. Especially if you know a member has started a few topics on a specific subject, i.e.: XI mods, N54 issues, etc....
Old 07-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Members
Senior Members

I finally got some things sorted out and took a look at the profile page to find the same Topics & Posts links still there. They are just not on the left side anymore, they are on the menu bar next to Recent Status Updates, About Me, Topics, Posts, Gallery, etc.. those links should take you to the same areas as before.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

I finally got some things sorted out and took a look at the profile page to find the same Topics & Posts links still there. They are just not on the left side anymore, they are on the menu bar next to Recent Status Updates, About Me, Topics, Posts, Gallery, etc.. those links should take you to the same areas as before.
those links give you some/recent topics/posts but not a complete list like as before...
Old 07-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Members
Senior Members

Ahh you're right. Then though as you said everything is now under View My Content but there we run into the search limit of 1 year. As it says:

(Search limited from July 28, 2009)

I'll have to check into this and figure out how to fix it again. I remember this occured last time we upgraded too.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Ahh you're right. Then though as you said everything is now under View My Content but there we run into the search limit of 1 year. As it says:

(Search limited from July 28, 2009)

I'll have to check into this and figure out how to fix it again. I remember this occured last time we upgraded too.
thanks for looking into it...
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Members
Senior Members

I found the setting again called "Limit "Posts/Topics by this user" results to X days" which was set to 0 that should make it unlimited but for some reason it's not doing that in the new forum version. I've set it to 5000 days which is effectively unlimited. Hope that works!
Old 08-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I found the setting again called "Limit "Posts/Topics by this user" results to X days" which was set to 0 that should make it unlimited but for some reason it's not doing that in the new forum version. I've set it to 5000 days which is effectively unlimited. Hope that works!
Mark, posts and topics started are still not separated when clicking on the "Find My Content" tab. Any way to get the two separated? The Topics and Posts tabs on the member page is still limited to only recent activity...
Old 08-23-2010, 04:59 AM
Members
Senior Members

There is drop down menu in the dark blue bar right above the post info box on the find my content page which gives you those sorting options. The default is View all topics user X has posted in or started. The 2nd one is view all topics by user X and 3rd to view all posts by user X.