Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

ipad crashes when trying to reply to a thread on this forum

Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Anyone having issues whentrying to reply to threads on this site on an ipad? It either won't let me move the cursor into the white text box or if it does let me safari crashes and sends me to my home screen. I've never had this issue before 2 days ago. Is there something going on with this site that's making it not ipad frendly anymore? Anyone else having this issue? Help
Old 07-31-2010, 06:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Mine had the same issue yesterday - up until it's always worked flawlessly, so I am not sure what caused this. Maybe a minor board software update?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Maybe you guys are just holding it wrong?

(sorry...too easy to pass up... )
Old 07-31-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by Rudy
Maybe you guys are just holding it wrong?

(sorry...too easy to pass up... )
Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Contributors

still not working... havent been able to reply because ive been on business with only my i pad haha. useless... any one else chime in? aparently this is a saffari issue that happens sometimes with the first text box of a webpage (as per a mac forum) the fix involved turning off auto text and clearing cookies and cache. ive done that with no luck. the other way around this is for the mods to put a hidden text box at the top of every screen making the reply text box the "second" text box haha. gotta love apple. why fix the apple product when the entire www can fix their sites to suite apple. same issue with flash. apple expects flash site owners to convert to HTML5 to support apple. steve jobs must have a complex.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by joebaggg
still not working... havent been able to reply because ive been on business with only my i pad haha. useless... any one else chime in? aparently this is a saffari issue that happens sometimes with the first text box of a webpage (as per a mac forum) the fix involved turning off auto text and clearing cookies and cache. ive done that with no luck. the other way around this is for the mods to put a hidden text box at the top of every screen making the reply text box the "second" text box haha. gotta love apple. why fix the apple product when the entire www can fix their sites to suite apple. same issue with flash. apple expects flash site owners to convert to HTML5 to support apple. steve jobs must have a complex.
there seems to have been a minor board software update in the last few days (it's referenced in another thread here in the site suggestions forum) and there's a pretty good chance that the issue is related to that. My iPad worked flawlessly with the board until the last few days so that's probably what it is. It may well be that. As a test, I tried a another iPad browser (the most excellent Atomic Web Browser) and it now has the same issue too. Pretty sure this will be a wider issue than E60.net so hopefully there will be a fix from IPB soon...
Old 08-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Contributors

Ah I see what you're saying. I was gonna try a new browser but u beat me too it. I wonder if the mods can help us with this one so the ipad users can at least view this site. Because of its mobility its my primary source of the internet. I haven't been on here much since the update. I feel like I'm missing something in my life! Hah mods help!
Old 08-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Hmmm .. there's not much I can do at the moment unless the IPB folks come out with a work-around for Apple's problem which may or may not happen. One thing that comes to mind is turning the IP.Board Mobile (lofi) version back on for mobile devices but no one liked that either.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:23 AM
Contributors

Still not working. I decided to email IPB and this is what I got back:

"Is the issue related to the default IPB skin, or one of my skins? No updates have been released over the past week, so I'm unsure what the issue could be..If the issue is happening with the default skin, you'll need to get the website owner (or license key owner) to send a support ticket into Invision"

Mods?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

I've recached the templates per Rudy's other thread but not sure if it will help this case. Do you get the same crash when visiting other IP.Board's running the new 3.1 version? Try it on http://community.invisionpower.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ipad crashes when trying to reply to a thread on this forum