Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

I got a SCAM private message from this board?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I dont know where this should belong but I think everyone should know that its happening here. (Mod, please feel free to move this thread if I have posted it in the wrong place)

This is interesting, these guys are trying so desperately everywhere on the internet trying to scam people...including this forum with private message? OMG

Heres the message I got from someone with a username "JohnDavid"

"i am john david stevens, im 25yrs old and the only surviving son to late david stevens, a white farmer in harare, zimbabwe.

On april 15th 2000 my father was killed by zimbabwe squatters on his property near Macheke about 120 kilometers (75 miles) east of the capital Harare,however four of my late fathers neighbours that came for his rescue were adopted and later killed by the squatters backed by the government of robert mugabe in zimbabwe.

please see full details of my fathers death at the link below
http://www.cnn.com/2000/WORLD/africa...babwe.land.03/

presently i am in nigeria in west africa where i escaped to with the help of my mother who later died two years ago at the general hospital in harare, though i did not attend his burial because i cannot pay my way down to harare(may their souls rest in perfect peace.)

However after the death of my father, i was previlledged to know through my late mother that he deposited the sum of us$16.5m with a security company in uk london as african antiques.

dear friend i want to solicit for your assistance to help me claim this fund from the security and finance company on my behalf as the beneficiary and as soon as i hear from you confirming your genuine interest to help me claim and receive this fund in your country i will furnish you with further details and i will forward to you all the relevant informations for the claiming of the fund by you.

i will offer to you 30% of the total fund for all your assistances in this regard and i will meet with you in your country for the sharing of the fund as soon as the fund is released to you and i will live and invest in your country under your guidance and advice.

please kindly forward to me your full name and address, your telephone and fax number and also your email address for easy communication.

please i beg you in the name of the lord to please keep this transaction a top secret.

i looks forward to hearing from you sonext and reply to johndavid@oued.org

thanks and god bless

yours truely
john david stevens
234-805-330-4829"

Beware of this kind of SCAM. Everytime I read this kind of Scams, I can't help but laugh at how stupid they are and have to come up with different stories every time. 30% of 16.5mil? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA would you give away 30% of that? to a total stranger? pshhhhhhhhhh
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

"...four of my late fathers neighbours that came for his rescue were adopted and later killed..." Wow, sounds like quite an adoption agency!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Their (probably Nigerian) 419 scammers. You can go here and learn how to manipulate them for your personal amusement.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The user that sent the message has been banned but obviously he may have sent PMs to many members before his banning.

I agree that these things are humorous but what's funnier is that obviously people respond to them. What's crazier, the person making up the story or the person who actually gets sucked in by the story?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

i was like wtf. i saw banned next to his name then i deleted it
Old 07-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

the things people would do for money.... and that sucks to hear and actually know that some people fall for them.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Contributors

What so sad is he tries to use GOD, i hope God really help this disturbing guy, He needs to change his ways, for the good instead of CONs.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 330, E60 550 on order: Carbon Black/Natural Brown, 6MT.

Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy' post='446751' date='Jul 12 2007, 11:49 AM
the things people would do for money.... and that sucks to hear and actually know that some people fall for them.
There was an public official in a rural county here in Michigan that send one of these clowns most of his savings plus a couple million in public funds.

What an idiot.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

These Nigerians with their letters are a vastly known annoyance here in Europe. :thumbsdown:

There are even suckers that belive them and answer them and worst of all, sends them money

How brainless can one be
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

i was getting those with email but in this forum?wow~~amazing

Quick Reply: I got a SCAM private message from this board?