Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

I gave it a week, and I hate it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say this new format is just horrible. I swore I would give it time and wait to judge.

1) Gallery is much harder to navigate now. Where the next slide button is located is totally inconvenient, you can't just click an image to enlarge. Its slow.

2) Site is so much slower now. Slower to post, load, reply, etc.

3) Its more difficult to make posts and reply to posts

4) Differentiating new posts from old posts is visually harder to do in any given forum category. Why aren't new threads in bold?

Why couldn't you guys have upgraded to vBadvanced? Its so much better than this... pile of code.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Contributors

i actually like it now, its more modern in responding and what we can do with posts and our own profiles
Old 02-03-2010, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

Like it!
Old 02-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I didn't like it at first, but now tat the bugs are worked out...I really like it.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Sorry you feel that way Howitzer...

Obviously, you can't please everyone -- I'm sure if we moved to some other software (like the one you recommend), we'd have you happy and there'd be others unhappy. That said, you saw how complicated an upgrade from the same company can be -- just imagine what it would be like to migrate to a whole new vendor!

Again, I realize that nothing is likely to change your opinion so I'm not going to try and change your mind about anything but I will comment on your issues:

1) I agree that the gallery was "fixed" but it was never really broken. I can only assume that further refinements will be developed once more customer feedback is offered to the IPB folks. As far as the speed, see number 2 below.

2) The new software clearly is more server intensive so yes, it's a little slower than the old version. Obviously, it's improved significantly since the database rebuilds completed but yes, it's not as fast as before. That said, I can't speak for Lomag on any changes coming down the road but speed issues can be dealt with by hardware changes/upgrades so eventually, it's possible that things will get better.

3) Not entirely sure what you mean here. I don't find it more difficult, just different and the more I do it, the less different it becomes.

4) As far as the new posts not being in bold, they've bolded the folder icon to the left of the subject text instead of the entire subject. Here's the legend of how the folders work:
I gave it a week, and I hate it.-legend.jpg
Regardless, why don't you use the view new content feature instead? Most people find it way easier to deal with the multitude of new messages each time they visit...

That's pretty much it.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Howitzer
4) Differentiating new posts from old posts is visually harder to do in any given forum category. Why aren't new threads in bold?
the visuals are my biggest beef with the new forum. topics and threads seemed more spaced out, requiring more scrolling. and my biggest complaint is the colors. too much of a white backround.