Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

How do you delete / edit a post

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:36 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you can't edit a post after 60 minutes of posting. So how do others edit their posts (such as the classified section where they add a "SOLD" or have a strike through line across the item that was sold). Are they just deleting the entire post and re-posting the revised post? How do you delete a post? If that is the case, will I have to re-attach all my pictures one by one? That's a real PITA unless someone knows of an easier way. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Posts and threads are not deleted, not even upon request, unless there is a legal problem or a violation of our terms of use.
If such a violation is done to get the thread deleted, we will only clean it up!

Edits can only be made in the first 60 minutes from posting.
If something needs to be edited you can ask a mod or admin to do so.
If we see the need we will edit it for you.

If an item is sold, this is an update to the thread, so you can just post a reply stating: "sold".
However such a thread will not be closed, nor deleted.

I am pretty sure the messages you have seen are in the signatures, or were done in the first 60 minutes after posting, as we usually don't edit the OP with "sold".
Old 05-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman
Posts and threads are not deleted, not even upon request, unless there is a legal problem or a violation of our terms of use.
If such a violation is done to get the thread deleted, we will only clean it up!

Edits can only be made in the first 60 minutes from posting.
If something needs to be edited you can ask a mod or admin to do so.
If we see the need we will edit it for you.

If an item is sold, this is an update to the thread, so you can just post a reply stating: "sold".
However such a thread will not be closed, nor deleted.

I am pretty sure the messages you have seen are in the signatures, or were done in the first 60 minutes after posting, as we usually don't edit the OP with "sold".

Ok thanks!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

Just to make sure...It is impossible to update the name / title of the threat as well?

I have a single threat (peter e60 523) were I just update the latest "news"...instead of opening a new threat for every little change to my car..
I would like to have the possibility to, for example, change my threat title with "RPi scoop addes" or something...so people can see what's going on..

Any way to make this happen?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Only mods and admins can edit.

In the past there was no restriction and we had to change this to protect the history of our foums.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 E60 523 executive 20"ASA / Bi-Xenon / Full M-tech / LED Angel Eyes / Matte Black Kidney's / LED Side Markers

that's what I thought...no problemo
thanx!!