Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

The gallery looks good

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The gallery looks good. This place gets better and better.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

It is acctually quite lame.

There's no way for members to create albums. In other words pictures can only be uploaded into whatever categories are made then they get all lumped together with reasonable way of sorting them at all.

I'm finding out the new version they're working on will allow members to create albums inside any category so it'll be like the forums. The topics and inside all the pics.

Hmmm... not happy.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Contributors

When will the new version be released?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Any chance for a Me and my car part??? I think it will be nice to see the other members for real next to their car.. I'll just keep hoping!
Old 10-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Not sure. I've asked them but don't expect anything soon. It looks like all members have the option to create albums inside their control panel which will then showup in the Member's category in the gallery however this isn't how it should be. I can imagine the way they have it being good for some categories but not for all so when they make the option available it'll be great.

I also wanted to create a nice gallery forum link in the information sub section which I dont think is possible either.

So yeah.. suggests for categories in the gallery? "My Car and I" -- no albums needed in there, single pics are fine.
Probably a My E60 category but again we need the ability for members to create albums in there.

Overall i'm really not thrilled with the script but hopefully in time we'll get things setup as they should be!
Old 10-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Lomag, are there any third-party galleries out there that can be integrated with the user database?
Old 10-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

Don't know but we can make due with this one using the Member album/gallery feature and not making any categories at all. Afterwards when they sort the script we can re-order things out of the member section into actual categories.

Categories which don't require albums could be made now though. Any ideas for categories? I can't seem to think of any. 530E60NL asks for a "My Car & I" category but I don't know how full that one would be.

Perhaps all in all using the Members category will be fine.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

Replying to myself but.. perhaps a category for pictures from various meetings held by members. It would really need to have albums in it, but.. a thought for the future.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='Oct 5 2004, 12:29 AM
Replying to myself but.. perhaps a category for pictures from various meetings held by members. It would really need to have albums in it, but.. a thought for the future.
[snapback]41362[/snapback]
What was that test you just ran?
It looked like a gallery for members to create albums!?
Old 10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Members
Senior Members

You can create albums inside your control panel which will then show up in the members gallery if you choose to make it public. The problem is thats the only way to create albums and they can only go in the members category. Eventually when they fix the software we can move those albums into custom categories and get rid of the member category all together.

What i'm after now is ideas for category names to give the gallery some structure. I'm thinking:

E60 Pictures
My Car & I
Meet & Greet Pics
Technical Pics
Miscellaneous

Although I guess making categories now is a little pointless since they won't be used just yet but it doesn't hurt to get ideas.

--Or we could just make the categories and let the software work as it is now. The categories would have no albums and everything would be mish-mashed together sorted by date.

Whatcha think?

Quick Reply: The gallery looks good