Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Forum is so slow

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

The new looks is making the pages load up very slow.
I hope this will be fixed.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It may not be only because of the new look...as we speak, the PM database is being converted and I think there are some other database rebuilds running so the server is probably working extra hard right now.

Again, patience is key here...
Old 01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Rudy
It may not be only because of the new look...as we speak, the PM database is being converted and I think there are some other database rebuilds running so the server is probably working extra hard right now.

I hope that the forums do speed up as I agree that they are pretty slow right now. But I really do like the new look and if we are protected from spam bots, it is well worth it.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy

Thanks
I know these things take time to fix and just like the new F10 when it comes out there will be loads of bugs

I hope I can find more bugs and tell you to fix and make this forum the best
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525i - Titanium Silver Metallic - Gray Dakota Leather - Multi Contour Seats - Cold Weather and Premium Packages - Xenon - Sirius Current Basic Mods - Rear Bumper Reflectors - KUDA Leather Mount with Garmin nuvi 255W

I don't know if work is still being performed as noted yesterday, but the site still remains slow as hell.

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this or not...but when I search the results are showing many items in duplicate.

And last...tried clicking on a link or two in some posts and it just brings me back to the main screen on the forum. Tried a couple different posts and recieved the same results.

Like everythin gnew...bugs need to be worked out
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by JM20
I don't know if work is still being performed as noted yesterday, but the site still remains slow as hell.

Also, I don't know if you're aware of this or not...but when I search the results are showing many items in duplicate.

And last...tried clicking on a link or two in some posts and it just brings me back to the main screen on the forum. Tried a couple different posts and recieved the same results.

Like everythin gnew...bugs need to be worked out
Be patient -- database rebuilding is still in progress (and may continue for more than a day) and pretty much every issue you mention is likely a result of the server doing so much work to a live database...
Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

I am confident it will speed up soon...I couldn't find the reason, but how did changing the forum prevent spam?
Old 01-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The old forums software was not supported anymore, so we did not get anymore updates for it.
The spam bots found a way to register and post.
That always happens if a software version is on the market for a while. The longer it is out, the more time the spammers have to find a way to get through.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman
The old forums software was not supported anymore, so we did not get anymore updates for it.
The spam bots found a way to register and post.
That always happens if a software version is on the market for a while. The longer it is out, the more time the spammers have to find a way to get through.
+1 on that
that why most software update every year to make money on us:thumbsdown:
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

It was fast for me yesterday... today it's very slow =(

Quick Reply: Forum is so slow