5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Site Comments & Suggestions (https://5series.net/forums/site-comments-suggestions-10/)
-   -   Are the forum messages showing the right time for you? (https://5series.net/forums/site-comments-suggestions-10/forum-messages-showing-right-time-you-88668/)

DD_545i 11-04-2009 05:38 AM

Ever since the weekend (when the U.S. put their clocks back) the messages on the forum are showing the wrong time for me. They're all one hour ahead.

On my machine I have my time zone set to GMT+1 with auto daylight savings time (and my clock is correct) and on the forum I have my local time set to GMT+1.

It seems to me that the forum has daylight savings auto-adjust turned off.

Look at the most recent messages in this forum and see if they're an hour in the future and then vote in the poll.

Lomag 11-04-2009 06:12 AM

Hmm that's strange, it should be right with your settings. The best I can suggest is to play around with the "Auto correct DST?" option, either checked or unchecked to get the correct time.

Rudy 11-04-2009 06:14 AM

It's a long shot but did you try refreshing the board index after playing with the auto DST setting? According to the note adjacent to the setting, it says the time is updated after the index is reloaded.

DD_545i 11-04-2009 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Lomag' post='1046821' date='Nov 4 2009, 04:12 PM
Hmm that's strange, it should be right with your settings. The best I can suggest is to play around with the "Auto correct DST?" option, either checked or unchecked to get the correct time.

I just switched off the Auto DST and I get the right time. Strange it's not auto though. Someone else posted within a thread that they're seeing the same thing. I guess I'll turn DST back on manually in 6 months time. No biggie.

tooltec 11-04-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='1046793' date='Nov 4 2009, 10:38 AM
Ever since the weekend (when the U.S. put their clocks back) the messages on the forum are showing the wrong time for me. They're all one hour ahead.

On my machine I have my time zone set to GMT+1 with auto daylight savings time (and my clock is correct) and on the forum I have my local time set to GMT+1.

It seems to me that the forum has daylight savings auto-adjust turned off.

Look at the most recent messages in this forum and see if they're an hour in the future and then vote in the poll.

My forum time is 6 hours behind UK time (GMT since the clocks were put back).According to the Board settings it should be GMT-5hrs.Before they were put back,I did notice that the forum time fluctuated by 1 hour on a number of days.It did puzzle me but it does not bother me.

545felix 11-04-2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by tooltec' post='1047079' date='Nov 4 2009, 02:39 PM
My forum time is 6 hours behind UK time (GMT since the clocks were put back).According to the Board settings it should be GMT-5hrs.Before they were put back,I did notice that the forum time fluctuated by 1 hour on a number of days.It did puzzle me but it does not bother me.

mine were off, but a reload of the index fixed it. i didn't have to change the dst setting.

tooltec 11-04-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='1047080' date='Nov 4 2009, 07:40 PM
mine were off, but a reload of the index fixed it. i didn't have to change the dst setting.

I have just adjusted the Board base time zone to GMT and the time showing is now correct.

flyingpuck 11-04-2009 10:56 AM

I had the DST box checked, and was getting the wrong time etc. so I unchecked and then rechecked the box and now all is accurate! :thumbsup:

DD_545i 11-04-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='1047092' date='Nov 4 2009, 08:56 PM
I had the DST box checked, and was getting the wrong time etc. so I unchecked and then rechecked the box and now all is accurate! :thumbsup:

Same here. I needed to uncheck the box to get the time right. I just tried re-checking the box and it's remained correct. Bit weird.