5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Site Comments & Suggestions (https://5series.net/forums/site-comments-suggestions-10/)
-   -   E63/E64 Sub Forum (https://5series.net/forums/site-comments-suggestions-10/e63-e64-sub-forum-26072/)

Lomag 05-23-2006 06:47 AM

Hi all,

I had a forum member e-mail me today asking for my thoughts about creating an E63/E64 sub-forum for 6 series related posts, since the car is exactly the same as the 5 series, just in a different shell.

We acctually had a 6 series sub-forum long ago however it was rarely used and eventually removed. Even if it's re-created it would be very lightly used since the 6 series does not sell as much as the 5 series so there's just less people out there who have one. I searched through the forum and would be able to move some related posts into the new forum so it would not be completely empty. I wasn't able to find that many posts though.

I think it might attract some 6 series owners and eventually we'll be home to the 6 series too. I don't believe that there's any better dedicated place for 6 series owners to go to besides the generic BMW forums which have sub forums for every single model. They'll surely find better information here.

Well, what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

530i_msport 05-23-2006 07:36 AM

since you are great on this (making forums) i would say yay.Just give it a try and the worst that can happen is to close it down again. :whistle:

But if it will work you will be like a god to them like you are to us. :thumbsup: :twoup: :notworthy:

Also there are more e63 owners now right?

jet190rs 05-23-2006 07:41 AM

yay, would love to see some 6 owners here

vegastrashed 05-23-2006 09:46 AM

Sure, the more the merrier. I'll try to recruit the e63 folks over in Bimmerfest, though I'm sure Cobradev and Beewang will let them all know as well once they get a sniff of this thread. :)

cobradav 05-23-2006 01:31 PM

Iceman just PM'd me to come take a look see. I know we discussed this before and I took a wait and see attitude then. Now, however, might be a good time to make the move to a 6er sub forum. I found Bimmerfest not too long ago about the time they moved to a sub sub e63 forum (grouped in a sub forum [I think] then you select the e63 sub forum under that. I often send them here for good technical responses and other more general info. They seem to engage in a little more frivolous dialoge, but then I am a geezer so maybe its just me. It is nice to be able to talk your own car, and as many of you know I have to be careful in pointing out that I have a 6er if I think it might make a difference as not everyone READS the signatures :lol: Besides the good company you guys provide, I think this board is one of the easiest to use. Also I can get to this one a work still while bimmerfest I cannot. I sure would be an advocate to try to get other 6er owners to join up with us. So I vote aye :thumbsup:

ericdbs 05-23-2006 01:37 PM

go for it... this is a great site for info...ive been an addict even before i purchased my car...and im afirst time bmw owner...ive tried other sites and nothing compares to this...welcome to the new members...ericd

Lomag 05-23-2006 03:04 PM

Wouldn't it be 'wrong' to recruit E63 owners from other forums? It looks like I'll go ahead and re-create it most likely once I get some free time to spend moving posts around and doing a cleanup in general.

ats77 05-23-2006 05:07 PM

Go ahead Mark,

e60 forum is known as the best forum so why not be e63/4 also :thumbsup:

soc_fans 05-24-2006 02:06 PM

Go for it! :thumbsup: It's easier for me as i'm a E63 owner too.. ^_^

vegastrashed 05-24-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by soc_fans' post='287261' date='May 24 2006, 03:06 PM
Go for it! :thumbsup: It's easier for me as i'm a E63 owner too.. ^_^

Congrats! What mods are in store? :thumbsup: