Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

E60.net MEMBER CARS CALENDER!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

I think this would be a GREAT IDEA, we make a calender of some of the members nicely modded E60's, does anyone here know howto make one or have the skills to make it.

Members would send in nice high res pics of their cars, and 12 are picked.

charge just enough to cover the cost and small profit for the person who spent time doing it, and then the Rest of the money goes to E60.net itself!!

So what do you think?

i nominate my car ofcourse, Knighcoms, imsorofabigdeal,freedom...umm Lets just say we make it a Black E60 calender..lol
Old 01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Senior Members

Agreed. I am already doing this for Bimmerfest. You're a few months too late for 2008 but now is the time to start for 2009.

See the write-up on the main Bimmerfest page at http://www.bimmerfest.com/

The problem is that there is not sufficient margin to really bring in a lot of money (to anyone) unless there is a LOT of sales volume.

Most calendars sell for under $20, many in the $15 range. You have to be able to produce a high-quality calendar at a slightly lower cost than this price point for this to work.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='515805' date='Jan 9 2008, 11:33 PM
Agreed. I am already doing this for Bimmerfest. You're a few months too late for 2008 but now is the time to start for 2009.

See the write-up on the main Bimmerfest page at http://www.bimmerfest.com/

The problem is that there is not sufficient margin to really bring in a lot of money (to anyone) unless there is a LOT of sales volume.

Most calendars sell for under $20, many in the $15 range. You have to be able to produce a high-quality calendar at a slightly lower cost than this price point for this to work.

I think most members here would not mind paying $19.99 for the calender as long as they feel some of the proceeds goto the forum.

ps: i used to post on Bimmerfest, but i got sick of all the Muslim and mid east bashing that goes on there! Everytime i would click on NEW POSTS it would be some jerkoff degrading all Muslims in a topic, i could not believe it!! it got to a point where i didn't even have time to look at anything with the cars,had to just defend all the Attacks on muslims! it was crazy! anywhoooooooooooo
Old 01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

hay I can do this
I a 3D designer and know where to print them cheep.
cos in HK itis very cheep to print them and I can design it too or we all can design it.
I will go at lunch time to ask about the printing and how much it cost for a post to US.
so what I sujest is we have a:
1. deadline for getiing the photos, say 5day from today which is the 15th
2. 3 day to final design 18th
3. print I have to find out now.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='515807
ps: i used to post on Bimmerfest, but i got sick of all the Muslim and mid east bashing that goes on there! Everytime i would click on NEW POSTS it would be some jerkoff degrading all Muslims in a topic, i could not believe it!! it got to a point where i didn't even have time to look at anything with the cars,had to just defend all the Attacks on muslims! it was crazy! anywhoooooooooooo
I've been posting on Bimmerfest since 2002 and haven't seen anything of the sort. I don?t look at new posts much either but I just glanced and it seemed to be mostly about cars and one post about elections and one about NYC restaurants.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='515802' date='Jan 9 2008, 11:25 PM
I think this would be a GREAT IDEA, we make a calender of some of the members nicely modded E60's, does anyone here know howto make one or have the skills to make it.

Members would send in nice high res pics of their cars, and 12 are picked.

charge just enough to cover the cost and small profit for the person who spent time doing it, and then the Rest of the money goes to E60.net itself!!

So what do you think?

i nominate my car ofcourse, Knighcoms, imsorofabigdeal,freedom...umm Lets just say we make it a Black E60 calender..lol
Tarek , great idea .............. except they should all be Alpine White!!!!!!!! , Ok a compromise a black and white calendar !!!!

I'll take 50 copies !!

Cheers
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='515812' date='Jan 9 2008, 11:56 PM
hay I can do this
I a 3D designer and know where to print them cheep.
cos in HK itis very cheep to print them and I can design it too or we all can design it.
I will go at lunch time to ask about the printing and how much it cost for a post to US.
so what I sujest is we have a:
1. deadline for getiing the photos, say 5day from today which is the 15th
2. 3 day to final design 18th
3. print I have to find out now.
You are forgetting about fulfillment and how many you would have to order.

The only way to do this is to use an on-demand printing service that generates each calendar as it?s ordered. Otherwise whatever you don?t sell is unsold inventory and takes away from your chances of any profit.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tarek307' post='515807' date='Jan 9 2008, 11:34 PM
One thing I should have said is before clicking is that I felt very badly to see that people would be posting such as you indicate.

I know people (well, some people) will bash others for no reason other than ingrained prejudice and that is very unfortunate in today?s world where we all have to coexist.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Contributors

...being a foreigner myself having lived in austria for nearly my entire life, I know how things have changed and how prejudice now dictates daily life. with time, you learn to live with it and move on because you learn to appreciate all the good people around you...

just as OT I am in for a calender aswell
Old 01-10-2008, 03:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='515868' date='Jan 10 2008, 10:09 AM
just as OT I am in for a calender aswell
+1

As for payment, why not run it in the same way as we do the Contributions, i.e. via the E60.NET (-Lomag/Mark) or another Paypal account?

Quick Reply: E60.net MEMBER CARS CALENDER!