Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Does BMW read this site?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i, 6-speed, sliver-gray metallic, premium package, professional navigation ... among other options

I've frequented this message board for more than a year ... only recently have I actually participated through posts, etc. I've found it an amazing resouce about the wonderfully complex car I own. I'm by no means an automotive expert ... but I'm learning more every day from the smart, classy people who post here.

I often wonder: does anyone from BMW read this site? They'd be fools if they didn't.

Do any of you work for BMW? If so, in what capacity? Could you even identify yourselves, or do company rules forbid participation in something like this?

This forum provides a degree of anonymity, so what's to fear?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by newsman' post='203627' date='Nov 26 2005, 12:44 PM
I've frequented this message board for more than a year ... only recently have I actually participated through posts, etc. I've found it an amazing resouce about the wonderfully complex car I own. I'm by no means an automotive expert ... but I'm learning more every day from the smart, classy people who post here.

I often wonder: does anyone from BMW read this site? They'd be fools if they didn't.

Do any of you work for BMW? If so, in what capacity? Could you even identify yourselves, or do company rules forbid participation in something like this?

This forum provides a degree of anonymity, so what's to fear?
The service manager at my dealership says that BMW pays people to read all the pertinent fora. But, is he right? I don't know.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
JDN
Contributors

Early on a fellow from BMW in Munich sent me an anonymous PM with some info on the manufacturing date of my vehicle. Ice said that this person paid attention to our board and wanted to remain anonymous. At other times, BMW NA has responded to problems by posting to the forum member and suggesting that they contact him.

I have encouraged my dealership to visit the forum since I know a lot more about some facets of the car than they do.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I think more BMW insiders read this forum than anyone might imagine. I know for sure that people at my dealership, BMW Customer Relations, and BMW Munich frequently lurk here.

Aside from BMW Customer Relations, which posts here infrequently, I think the others wish to remain anonymous but recognize the great service that this board provides.

There were a couple of public posts from some salespeople and a parts person and I seem to remember a post by someone at the Performance Center too. It's likely that they've been told to keep these public postings to a minimum by supervisors, etc....
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Contributors

I gave my sale rep this site. Did i do wrong?

He said thanks..i will hop every now and them.

-chicharones if you are around (that is the nick name i gave my sale rep.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

They do... they do read thses sites but they're really no help. I got contacted from them by posting about my problem on roadfly. Ya ya I know... but I was trying to gather as much info as possible at the time... and BMW NA contacted me from there.

I posted here numerous times asking BMW NA for help and I got no response. So apparently they just hop in and out from tiem to time to check they dont read everything.

I've also seen them offer help on the M5 messageboard but again its just a generic post telling you to contact them.

And once u do they say oh yes we have it documented now go visit your dealer...
Old 11-26-2005, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

That's the public postings from BMW Customer Relations. They're really there to get you in touch with them so they can make sure that what's being done is on par with the "standard" communication chain. Most of the posters here already know how to contact NA and most of them do, when they think it will make a difference to them.

In addition to those types of posts, as I said earlier, there are plenty of BMW insiders reading this site with interest. They can't buy the type of feedback we give them -- at any price. I'm sure many of them are dying to post here but have probably been told (by policy) that they aren't allowed to.

Rest assured that they are listening to us and in some cases, are working to implement some of the ideas and suggestions we've come up with on this very site over the past year or so...
Old 11-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by JDN' post='203652' date='Nov 26 2005, 02:26 PM
Early on a fellow from BMW in Munich sent me an anonymous PM with some info on the manufacturing date of my vehicle. Ice said that this person paid attention to our board and wanted to remain anonymous. At other times, BMW NA has responded to problems by posting to the forum member and suggesting that they contact him.

I have encouraged my dealership to visit the forum since I know a lot more about some facets of the car than they do.
I'd rather my dealer not visit here.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by vnod' post='203737

I'd rather my dealer not visit here.
[/quote]

Especially with some of the mods people do.. Kinda don't want your dealer knowing about some of the stuff...