Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

Changing your profile

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

I've noticed that when you make a change in your profile, for instance, if you update your signature, it changes in all previous posts too.

To me, that is the same as changing history. That bothers me some as it violates a basic principle of data management.

Thoughts?? comments??
Old 03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 523i M Sport Touring (Auto) - Silver Grey VW Touareg 2.5tdi Sport (Auto) - Shadow Blue

not sure I've ever seen a mod for invision that lets you do that as your profile is linked to your user id - not to say someone hasn't done that mod though.

Kaine
Old 03-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I actually agree. I've always thought that it would be nice to see "who" one was when making prior posts. But, making things be that way would be a pretty big software burden. And, besides, everyone changes history these days. I sort of thought you were supposed to. You know, if you don't like the way it was, then just fix it so that it was more palatable. The honest way to change history, though, would be to go back in time. But, in the movies at least, they never been able to work this scenario out satisfactorily.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Znod' post='248181' date='Mar 1 2006, 08:15 PM
I actually agree. I've always thought that it would be nice to see "who" one was when making prior posts. But, making things be that way would be a pretty big software burden. And, besides, everyone changes history these days. I sort of thought you were supposed to. You know, if you don't like the way it was, then just fix it so that it was more palatable. The honest way to change history, though, would be to go back in time. But, in the movies at least, they never been able to work this scenario out satisfactorily.
Huh???????? The more I read this forum, the more **interesting** posts of yours I find.

It seems you like to use lots of words and punctuation in your posts. Like, this. And, this. But, this.

I see you like to change the past. Using advanced internet search technology, I see you've had no less than 3 user names on this site. Trying to hide something???