Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

BMWNA read my post here and called me

Old 11-30-2005, 06:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Gray Dog' post='205177
Can you say, "Paranoia"???

Come on guys. It was just a phone call to bring the car in.

It's not like they're looking into anyone's underwear drawer....
I agree. Can't make some people happy no matter what you do. People complain if BMW is non-responsive; now they complain not only when BMW is responsive but also proactive.
[/quote]
I haven't seen anyone complain. It seems to me that the issues are (1) how BMW is getting the info to call (legally or illegally) and (2) whether it would be better for them to post rather than to call or email. The first is an issue because some may want to maintain their annonymity and tracking individuals illegally would subvert their right to attempt to do so. The second simply has to do with preferences about how one is contacted. I don't think the poster thought this this issue was a big deal unless he also was concerned, implicitly, about illegal tracking.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by vern
Thanks. Do you know how they tracked you--far enough to get your phone number. I looked, and you have a homepage that is accessible, but I did not go there. Do you think they tracked you using your homepage information? If they did it legally, then I agree it is good customer service.
I assumed that they got my office and cell from my home page. But I am not sure how they got my home number as it is unlisted and not listed on my web page. I have owned several BMW's and my guess is that I am in their system and they did not have to look too hard for my home number.
[/quote]
I would think they got intouch with you through the information on you paper work thats on file.
Intresting some people complain about BMWNA monitoring the web sites and following up on important posts,(IMO I think its great that they do that).Whats all this stuff about legal or illegal the way they contact you? Be thankful that they show intrest in your problems.
cheers
vern
[/quote]

So, you would advocate BMW tracking people illegally?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='205109' date='Nov 30 2005, 05:59 AM
sounds like bad news....BMw people would probably know what mods we have on our cars and give them extra reasons to reject warranty issues....
nah that would be like spying and secondly against the law...
Old 11-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ats77' post='205269
sounds like bad news....BMw people would probably know what mods we have on our cars and give them extra reasons to reject warranty issues....
nah that would be like spying and secondly against the law...
[/quote]
Can't fool me. Your not Vern. But, seriously , do you think it would be against the law even if they did not track us illegally?
Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by vnod
Originally Posted by vern' date='Nov 30 2005, 08:12 AM' post='205179
Thanks. Do you know how they tracked you--far enough to get your phone number. I looked, and you have a homepage that is accessible, but I did not go there. Do you think they tracked you using your homepage information? If they did it legally, then I agree it is good customer service.
I assumed that they got my office and cell from my home page. But I am not sure how they got my home number as it is unlisted and not listed on my web page. I have owned several BMW's and my guess is that I am in their system and they did not have to look too hard for my home number.
I would think they got intouch with you through the information on you paper work thats on file.
Intresting some people complain about BMWNA monitoring the web sites and following up on important posts,(IMO I think its great that they do that).Whats all this stuff about legal or illegal the way they contact you? Be thankful that they show intrest in your problems.
cheers
vern
[/quote]

[/quote]
What can be illegal??If they get it from the paper work, you gave them the imformation.If they get from the web site its a public forum.Just incase you don't know what that maens.Anybody can read it.So whats the B/S about BMW tracking people illegal?
cheers
vern
Old 11-30-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vern
Originally Posted by vnod' date='Nov 30 2005, 11:30 AM' post='205226
[quote name='vern' date='Nov 30 2005, 08:12 AM' post='205179']
cheers
vern
[/quote]

[/quote]
What can be illegal??If they get it from the paper work, you gave them the imformation.If they get from the web site its a public forum.Just incase you don't know what that maens.Anybody can read it.So whats the B/S about BMW tracking people illegal?
cheers
vern
[/quote]

How would they know who we are to get our info from our paper work? Some of us, like me, are completely annonymous--or annonymous enough that they could not know who I am without doing something illegal. Personally, I don't want anyone tracking me illegally. Generally speaking, when that happens, something nefarious is going on (or the tracker is ignorant of the law). You really need to read all that has come before more carefully. There is no problem with what they might be doing, from my point of view, if it is not illegal. Helping owners, especially unexpectedly, is a good and smart policy. And, one poster, in effect, raised the issue of how BMW makes itself available. In effect, all he did is imply his preference for being notified via a post.

On another thread, a poster indicated that BMW is breaking a privacy agreement if dealers provide information for BMW to contact owners. I am not sure if that is true or not.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='205131' date='Nov 30 2005, 01:45 AM
Can you say, "Paranoia"???

Come on guys. It was just a phone call to bring the car in.

It's not like they're looking into anyone's underwear drawer....
I don't care about my underwear drawer.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

I think it's a good idea that BMW can contact you about a problem you reported on this forum. I encourage them to participate more and contact onlyvia published contact information. If the contact information is not published, than stay away BMW . . . unless there were some fineprint at the dealership or a home number that you gave to the dealership that "can be" given to BMWNA.

Worst case, what happens if that small oil leak turned out to be something more devastating . . . then we'd ALL wish BMW make every legal possible means to contact us.

That's one plus in my book for BMWNA.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='205347' date='Nov 30 2005, 04:59 PM
I think it's a good idea that BMW can contact you about a problem you reported on this forum. I encourage them to participate more and contact onlyvia published contact information. If the contact information is not published, than stay away BMW . . . unless there were some fineprint at the dealership or a home number that you gave to the dealership that "can be" given to BMWNA.

Worst case, what happens if that small oil leak turned out to be something more devastating . . . then we'd ALL wish BMW make every legal possible means to contact us.

That's one plus in my book for BMWNA.
100% Well, except, you would think anyone would get to the dealer with an oil leak covered under warranty.

Did you see the recent results posted on "Our Fearless Forecasts?"
Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

I was contacted by BMWNA about a year ago from a post I wrote. Its smart for them to follow these boards, its like a free focus group. They see what their consumers like and don't like.
Other than their call, you still have to work it out with the dealer though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMWNA read my post here and called me