Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

BMWNA read my post here and called me

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='205089' date='Nov 29 2005, 11:12 PM
Did you guys register with BMW Owners Circle? If so thats one of the sources I know they goto to get info about us.
I didn't, and I just turned off my email. They can still PM me.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205090
Did you guys register with BMW Owners Circle? If so thats one of the sources I know they goto to get info about us.
[/quote]

AWww man that means I cant e-mail you.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

sounds like bad news....BMw people would probably know what mods we have on our cars and give them extra reasons to reject warranty issues....
Old 11-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by ManyBMWS' post='205033' date='Nov 29 2005, 05:57 PM
They are reading this board. BMW of North America tracked me down (they left me messages at home, on my cell, and at work) and after I didn't return their call for a few days, they called me again.

Apparantly they read my post here about a small amount of oil that may be leaking from my new 2006 550 and called me to tell me to get to the dealer asap. Pretty cool to have confirmation that they are here among us.
How do they found out your Home/Cell/Office phone number??
Old 11-29-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5 -- Exterior: Silverstone, Interior: Black. Fully Loaded. That just about sums it up! :-)

Can you say, "Paranoia"???

Come on guys. It was just a phone call to bring the car in.

It's not like they're looking into anyone's underwear drawer....
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Silver Gray, Automatic, Navigation, Heads Up Display; Premium Package, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound System 2003 M3, Dakar Yellow, SMG

Originally Posted by CoolTones' post='205131' date='Nov 30 2005, 01:45 AM
Can you say, "Paranoia"???

Come on guys. It was just a phone call to bring the car in.

It's not like they're looking into anyone's underwear drawer....
I agree. Can't make some people happy no matter what you do. People complain if BMW is non-responsive; now they complain not only when BMW is responsive but also proactive.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Thanks. Do you know how they tracked you--far enough to get your phone number. I looked, and you have a homepage that is accessible, but I did not go there. Do you think they tracked you using your homepage information? If they did it legally, then I agree it is good customer service.
[/quote]

I assumed that they got my office and cell from my home page. But I am not sure how they got my home number as it is unlisted and not listed on my web page. I have owned several BMW's and my guess is that I am in their system and they did not have to look too hard for my home number.
[/quote]
I would think they got intouch with you through the information on you paper work thats on file.
Intresting some people complain about BMWNA monitoring the web sites and following up on important posts,(IMO I think its great that they do that).Whats all this stuff about legal or illegal the way they contact you? Be thankful that they show intrest in your problems.
cheers
vern
Old 11-30-2005, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Although they don't post here often, you can see by clicking the following link that BMW NA Customer Relations does post here on occasion:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=Search...sult_type=posts

I'm glad they're here -- in my mind the pros far outweigh the cons. If someone is worried about mods voiding the warranty, then they probably shouldn't talk about them in a public forum...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='205108
Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='205089' date='Nov 29 2005, 11:12 PM

AWww man that means I cant e-mail you.
[/quote]But, PM still works.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='205125
They are reading this board. BMW of North America tracked me down (they left me messages at home, on my cell, and at work) and after I didn't return their call for a few days, they called me again.

Apparantly they read my post here about a small amount of oil that may be leaking from my new 2006 550 and called me to tell me to get to the dealer asap. Pretty cool to have confirmation that they are here among us.
How do they found out your Home/Cell/Office phone number??
[/quote]From his web site as linked in his controls--which is public information.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jeffs' post='205109' date='Nov 29 2005, 11:59 PM
sounds like bad news....BMw people would probably know what mods we have on our cars and give them extra reasons to reject warranty issues....
I doubt they would use the info that way. But, my dealer knows everything anyway--and it helps to use Dinan parts. I do every thing through my dealer. Also, I have never seen anyone claim that BMW has used mod info gained here against individuals.

I do know that Chevorlet used to go to dragstrips and write down the VINs of Corvettes being raced. But, I think that BMW is just trying to provide appreciated good personal service. My only objection would be if they were using illegal means to track people down. But, it looks like that is not the case--at least not this time. And, it probably wouldn't be cost effective to use illegal means anyway.

It seems odd to call someone about an oil leak. If you know you have a leak, then you know you need to see your dealer. I'd like to hear stories about BMW calling and identifying fixes for things that dealers are having trouble fixing--like the rear-area rattle, etc. And, I'd like to see posts about upcoming software releases, etc., and posts that pertain to things we are having trouble figuring out. These sorts of things would be very helpful because dealers are such poor sources of information in general.

Quick Reply: BMWNA read my post here and called me