Site Comments & Suggestions Have questions, comments or suggestions about this site or how to improve it? We value your feedback!

BMWNA read my post here and called me

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 04:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On order for November Delivery - 550 !!!! - Currently own 1999 E39 540, sport pkg, premium sound pkg, black on black. Previous owner of 2000 M Coupe, 1996 328is, 1984 633csi, 1982 528e, and wifed owned 1999 528 touring and 2002 525 touring. Looking at buying 545 or 550 in fall of 2005.

They are reading this board. BMW of North America tracked me down (they left me messages at home, on my cell, and at work) and after I didn't return their call for a few days, they called me again.

Apparantly they read my post here about a small amount of oil that may be leaking from my new 2006 550 and called me to tell me to get to the dealer asap. Pretty cool to have confirmation that they are here among us.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributors

You sure your car didn't transmit a service message to them?
Old 11-29-2005, 05:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='205041' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM
Right, did someone tell you they read your post here? I wouldn't like it if big brother was taking names and tracking. They could have someone join and then send us emails or find us via our homepages--if we made these things accessible. But, otherwise, taking names, tracking, and calling us would likely even be illegal unless we had done something illegal. What I said is crude from a legal perspective, but I would bet a penny that I am crudely right. Any attorneys out there.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Members

My Ride: On order for November Delivery - 550 !!!! - Currently own 1999 E39 540, sport pkg, premium sound pkg, black on black. Previous owner of 2000 M Coupe, 1996 328is, 1984 633csi, 1982 528e, and wifed owned 1999 528 touring and 2002 525 touring. Looking at buying 545 or 550 in fall of 2005.

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205046
Right, did someone tell you they read your post here?
[/quote]

Yes, she specifically said to me, "I read your post on the internet that said you had an oil leak".
That's what I meant by confirmation.

Right, did someone tell you they read your post here? I wouldn't like it if big brother was taking names and tracking. They could have someone join and then send us emails--if we made our emails public. But, taking names, tracking, and calling us would likely even be illegal unless we had done something illegal. What I said is crude from a legal perspective, but I would bet a penny that I am crudely right. Any attorneys out there.
[/quote]

Interesting perspective, but frankly I am glad that they took enough interest in my post to call me and tell me to get to the dealer. Especially since the dealer told me that as long as my oil light was not on that everything is ok.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by ManyBMWS' post='205047
Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='205041' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM

Yes, she specifically said to me, "I read your post on the internet that said you had an oil leak".

Right, did someone tell you they read your post here? I wouldn't like it if big brother was taking names and tracking. They could have someone join and then send us emails--if we made our emails public. But, taking names, tracking, and calling us would likely even be illegal unless we had done something illegal. What I said is crude from a legal perspective, but I would bet a penny that I am crudely right. Any attorneys out there.
[/quote]

Interesting perspective, but frankly I am glad that they took enough interest in my post to call me and tell me to get to the dealer. Especially since the dealer told me that as long as my oil light was not on that everything is ok.
[/quote]
Thanks. Do you know how they tracked you--far enough to get your phone number. I looked, and you have a homepage that is accessible, but I did not go there. Do you think they tracked you using your homepage information? If they did it legally, then I agree it is good customer service.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Members

Originally Posted by vnod' post='205049
Originally Posted by vnod' post='205046' date='Nov 29 2005, 06:21 PM
[quote name='Ruf930' post='205041' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Thanks. Do you know how they tracked you--far enough to get your phone number. I looked, and you have a homepage that is accessible, but I did not go there. Do you think they tracked you using your homepage information? If they did it legally, then I agree it is good customer service.
[/quote]

I assumed that they got my office and cell from my home page. But I am not sure how they got my home number as it is unlisted and not listed on my web page. I have owned several BMW's and my guess is that I am in their system and they did not have to look too hard for my home number.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ManyBMWS' post='205052
Originally Posted by ManyBMWS' post='205047' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:29 PM
[quote name='vnod' post='205046' date='Nov 29 2005, 06:21 PM']
[quote name='Ruf930' post='205041' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:15 PM']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I assumed that they got my office and cell from my home page. But I am not sure how they got my home number as it is unlisted and not listed on my web page. I have owned several BMW's and my guess is that I am in their system and they did not have to look too hard for my home number.
[/quote]
Thanks much for the info and help. And, I'm glad you got your car fixed.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:49 PM
Members

This happened to me before. They tracked me via what I posted and found out my phone number from the dealer.

I think it's a little much to do that - in general, they should just post and ask to be contacted.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by smcd' post='205056' date='Nov 29 2005, 09:49 PM
This happened to me before. They tracked me via what I posted and found out my phone number from the dealer.

I think it's a little much to do that - in general, they should just post and ask to be contacted.
Agreed 100%. Or, they could PM us after joining.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Did you guys register with BMW Owners Circle? If so thats one of the sources I know they goto to get info about us.

Quick Reply: BMWNA read my post here and called me