E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 with LM2 from factory, LCI Tail light retrofit

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:39 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530XD -06
Default E60 with LM2 from factory, LCI Tail light retrofit

Hey guys.

Been trying to research this, but finding quite varying results depending on how old the forum topics/youtube videos are. And most of them mention replacing and coding the LM1 module for an LM2.
But I have an LM2 module from the factory on my late '06, so that's not needed.

I'm curious to see if there are any plug and play solutions, and if so (which seems to be often forgotten to be mentioned in the other posts) where can one find them?

I've got NCSexpert and I've been messing around with it before (activated welcome lights, coded folding mirrors to the keyfob etc), so I don't mind going down a coding route which I'm assuming is needed even though I have the LM2 module? I get that I'll need an adapter cable as well, and that you sometimes need to switch the pins around for them to match the cables on the harness.

Not sure if it matters, but I'd love to keep the pre-LCI head lights as I much prefer the angel eyes having the same brightness. I'm assuming it's fine to only "facelift" the tail lights, and leave the head lights as is?

Hoping someone here has some input coming from the same place, where the LM2 is already installed from the factory and has done this conversion?

Thanks in advance.

Picture of the old locomotive: