E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Bad news of Transmission failure

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 04:48 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i Sport 2003 330Ci
Lightbulb Bad news of Transmission failure

I have received the worst news as possible of my beloved 2004 545i that the transmission has expirenced failure throughout the first gear. I will be forced to look for a transmission which I have been priced at $2400 with a 6month warranty. In hopes of being able to my e90 on the road at a more Efficient yet still effective cost I am hoping to be able to get feedback with different avenues I could take locally in the Maryland - Pennsylvania area as well as shipping methods. Appreciate it
Old 10-19-2017, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

So I take it you're looking for a replacement transmission local to the PA-MD area? Can't the one you have be repaired?
Old 11-04-2017, 03:55 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

Your going to be limited up to 06/07. You cannot run anything newer, the shifter and trans module ar different. Being a rwd,it will be shorter, 5/7 series should be the same, but make sure someone can reprogram it it to your car/engine.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by LllhJeff
I have received the worst news as possible of my beloved 2004 545i that the transmission has expirenced failure throughout the first gear. I will be forced to look for a transmission which I have been priced at $2400 with a 6month warranty. In hopes of being able to my e90 on the road at a more Efficient yet still effective cost I am hoping to be able to get feedback with different avenues I could take locally in the Maryland - Pennsylvania area as well as shipping methods. Appreciate it
Find a low mileage used transmission from a junkyard near you. try car-part.com or call LKQ corporation. Remove the valve body from the donor transmission and replace all four sealing sleeves, mechatronic sealing sleeve, and the bridge seal between the valve body and transmission case. transfer your existing valve body into the replacement gearbox, you will have no need for programming if you do it this way. your car has an early production 6HP26, you may be able to use a gearbox from either an E60 or an E65/66 7 series. Good luck.