E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk water damage - Class Action Lawsuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 12:21 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 528i
Default Trunk water damage - Class Action Lawsuit

I just got a letter in the mail about a class action lawsuit against BMW for water damage to the electronics in the trunk due to clogged sun roof drain lines. The suit includes all 2004-2010 E60 and E61 models and provides for inspection of the vehicle, relocation of electronics from spare tire compartment, replacement/repair of water damaged components. It also provides for reimbursement of repair charges due to water damage spare tire compartment. The final decision will be made July 28, 2017. More info at e6061wateringresssettlement.com

I'm excited to see this because I had this problem and couldn't find the cause. One of the components in the styrofoam under the spare tire controls the USB port and AUX port. Mine was water damaged and hasn't worked since. I'm hoping to get it replaced under this suit/recall.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:45 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW 550I BLK
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by TxTroy
I just got a letter in the mail about a class action lawsuit against BMW for water damage to the electronics in the trunk due to clogged sun roof drain lines. The suit includes all 2004-2010 E60 and E61 models and provides for inspection of the vehicle, relocation of electronics from spare tire compartment, replacement/repair of water damaged components. It also provides for reimbursement of repair charges due to water damage spare tire compartment. The final decision will be made July 28, 2017. More info at e6061wateringresssettlement.com

I'm excited to see this because I had this problem and couldn't find the cause. One of the components in the styrofoam under the spare tire controls the USB port and AUX port. Mine was water damaged and hasn't worked since. I'm hoping to get it replaced under this suit/recall.

I went to the dealership where i live in Jacksonville Florida they are aware of this class action and they encourge everyone to make sure to file the claim before the dealine. And bmw will be notified with the list once the the legal docs are approved
Old 05-24-2017, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by star69me
I went to the dealership where i live in Jacksonville Florida they are aware of this class action and they encourge everyone to make sure to file the claim before the dealine. And bmw will be notified with the list once the the legal docs are approved
More information can be found in this thread.