E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Reduced Engine Power Malfunction/Fuel Pump failure

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 BMW 535i
Default Reduced Engine Power Malfunction/Fuel Pump failure

So i've gotten this a few times now and my symptoms are different than a lot of people's. My car is a 2009 bmw 535i and i've done a lot of google research on this subject. I get a Reduced Engine Power Malfunction and my car completely shuts off and loses steering within 5-10 seconds of getting this message, I am not able to drive it at all and it's completely stopped. Also Fuel Pump Failure comes up sometimes after the reduced engine power malfunction message.

Lots of people seem to think it's the High Pressure Fuel Pump but their symptoms are different than mine in that their car doesn't shut off and they are still able to drive...correct me if i'm wrong? I will try to start the car back up right away and it shakes and won't go into drive or neutral or anything and still gives me the same error messages. Then and only if I let it cool down for 5-10 minutes later (If I try to start it up sooner the same error messages apply) it finally goes away. Seems that most people who get a reducedengine power malfunction are able to drive the car without it shutting off right away?

My codes are 29F3, 29DC, 29F2. I attached an image below with them. Please help!!
Attached Thumbnails Reduced Engine Power Malfunction/Fuel Pump failure-bmw-failure-codes.jpg  
Old 04-02-2017, 07:51 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: ,retro sport button,comfort seats,m5 front and rear swaybars,pullbars,550 brakes kit with slotted and drilled rotors,upper strut brace,lower 2pt brace,3im,power box,m5 eom wheels,m5 rep bumper and skirts.
Model Year: 2007

More than likely,your hpfp needs upgrading/ replacement, and there may be an updated fuel line /sensor hose update as well. Definitely check your fuel pressures
Old 02-18-2018, 01:06 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2004
Engine: E60 M54

Any updates on this issue?
Old 02-27-2018, 06:19 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2004
Engine: E60 M54

Heads up..my problem very similar to the OP. In my case I had a bad fuel pump located in the fuel tank and a bad catylitic convertor bank . Problem fixed $$$$$$ drives great..